Back in the day

BIG DAVE 1

when i was last at noosa i was tlaking to my neighbor about the sharks i get in the brisbane river, i said most of the ones i got were 3'. he was asying \"back in the day\" he used to fish in the brissie river as a young fella this was in the 40's, he was saying they used to get the biggest muddies you will ever see, massive jewwies and SHARKS, they used to get massive sharks all above 6ft, now this was aroudn the story bridge and along to new farm. The biggest was a 4m grey nurse, that's right a grey nurse in the brisbane river. Note they would swim and fish in the same stretch of river.

dave

lol yeh thers tigers and all sorts washed into the river at times... yeh on fishnet ther is a pic of a 31kg jewwie from pinkenba it looks.... from local knwoledge :P and ive herd lots about how ppl 'used' to catch them but not as much anymore... yet i no ther r stil a few in ther... and if i ever got one i wudnt keep it....

troy

Thats hilerious.

I was actually talking to the guy does does my property photography at work today. He said back teh 70's they used to fish for decent whiting on the flats at bulimba. So directly opposite brekky creek.

How awesome would that be!

Anyway ever got a whiting even in the mouth?

I mean if there are mullet, bream and flatties at Pinkenba would the whiting be there as well?

Angus.

Back in my day, and were talking the 90's, me and my granda used to go fishing at mouth of brissie in tiny tinne. We used catch whiteing by the bucket full when drifting just off the fisherman's island. That was before they did all the chges there like, screwing it up etc.

Yeah well exactly dave. I mean i have heard of people catching whiting at luggage point, if they are tehre i dont see why they would not return to bulimba point?

I have seen some great catches since setting this up.

Namely the salmon, but just as impressive in my opinion the little salmon all teh way at Oxley creek, means there is no reason you could not catch them in many many more places.

Cast netting little jewies at Yeronga.

Moses Perch all along new farm as well as pike.

Bream and flathead everywhere.

Its a great sign!

i no alot of people were complaining about the dredging and all that going on... about how it stirs the river with mud and the rest of it... though had they not of started dredging snapper and squire... i beleive wud have been un herd of... i think its becose of the depth that the river sits at now has brought loads more snapper in... hu else agrees???

troy

Archived