Sign in to follow this  
tugger

Nth Stradbroke Island Social Report

Thats awesome mate.

Looks like a cracker trip.

Im dying inside seeing all these fish caught off straddie. Havnt being out there in over month.

Thats a cracker Andrew. I bet it went hard. What did damage. What gear did you get it on.

Awesome dollies ted too.

I hear your the new COD whispher.

I wonder if the temp change has anything to do with all these big cod caught everywere. My mates have being getting massive ones off GC too.

Shane

First of all thanks to everyone who came over and spent time on the island and made it such an incredible trip away.

Also a huge thanks again to Ted for trusting me with his boat for the first couple of days while he was with his boys playing rugby.

The weather was all over the place for the week but with only a 2 minute run to the bar we could either fish the mornings or the arvos depending on what the wind or the bar was doing.

This allowed us to fish offshore just about every day,some in average conditions and some in exceptional conditions.

Overall the fishing was great with so many big fish caught or lost for the week.

Again I have to say congratulations to Andrew for one very impressive Greasy Cod (

Please login or register to view this image
) and a string of PB's,well done mate.

At one stage around the fire we began to count the different species caught between everyone and I think we got to around 37 species and not counting the rubbish fish or the dolphins. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thankfully no one had any issues on the bar all week although we did have a little exciting

crossing coming back in on our last day with 2m waves breaking across the bar and a broken steering cable right on dark with near zero visibility.

Anyway thanks again everyone for making this week an incredible trip for everyone.

Please login or register to view this attachment

What happened with the seering cable? Have always been terrified of this happening to me at high speed or in a precarious situation.

It broke at near full speed as we were rushing back to cross the bar before it got too dark and threw us into a quick 360 turn.

We disconnected the cable from the steering arm and between Mark and myself we took it in turns manually steering the motor by hand back to in front of the bar.

Once there Mark manually steered the motor while I was on the throttle and we took her across the bar right on dark through some pretty daunting breaking waves.

I was yelling out either port or starboard and Ben was relaying the directions to Mark so he could steer us in the right direction.

Between Mark and myself there was no problem at all and we had a very safe crossing but it could have been very different with inexperienced guys on the boat.

While waiting for the ferry on Straddie to come home on Friday morning I jumped on the phone and ordered a nice new hydraulic steering setup for Marks boat which will be here in the morning ready for the fitup early this week.

Thats awesome mate.

Thats a cracker Andrew. I bet it went hard. What did damage. What gear did you get it on.

/quote]

Hi Shane

Got it on a livey (can't remember if slimey or yakka) but they produced the goods all week. Gear used was Ben's Shimano Terez.

Cheers

Andrew

What happened with the seering cable? Have always been terrified of this happening to me at high speed or in a precarious situation.

Its happened to me before in my old CC. Thank god it happened just before bar going out. Pain to get back to ramp. Seff(jon) was with me.

Dom after seeing all these photos looks like we due for trip out there very soon

Its happened to me before in my old CC. Thank god it happened just before bar going out. Pain to get back to ramp. Seff(jon) was with me.

Dom after seeing all these photos looks like we due for trip out there very soon

Say when. I'm keen.

had a great week with good people a lot of good fish caught thanks again lance and mark for sorting it out and getting so many people on the water for a fish,went to see you before I left but you were all snoozing,i have the rest of this week off too so if yar headin out mark give us a bell.

It just broke and the boat spun around but my boat can go full lock at full throttle with out leaning over at all my biggest worry was getting over the bar before it got to dark to see the waves at all. Should be all good with hydraulic steering now cant wait to have light steering for once cable steering has always been tight

awsome week guys thanks very much it was good to meet a few new faces and learn some of brads local tactics.

the filleting table

young payten losing line fast to a tuna

sunset at the rock

also found someones memories

newbies who cant handle the pace or dont have the staminer

"DRINK SOME CONCRETE AND HARDEN UP PRINCESS"

were hear for a good time and a week isnt that long

Please login or register to view this attachment

Should have taken ya Brock you and Payten would have had a bal of fun on those bonito off the rocks at amity next to the boat ramp, this was a top spot for the kids with the jetty and shore fishing hopefully touch footy doesn't get in the way on the weekend