Flathead Social 2013 - Sun Sept 15 GC Broadwater.

Bri The Pom

I would like to announce this years flattie social will be on Sun sept 15 held on the broadwater and surrounding areas.Myself and Kelvin KMcrosby78 will be organising the day with the same format as last year.

I know the date clashes with the wanderers social but hopefully this will capture the guys not attending.

This is 2 weeks before the GC flathead classic and the tides are right.

So as last year there will be plenty of prizes available ( Sellers/importers if you do have any prizes to add to the pot it would be appreciated)

More details will follow, just wanted to get the date out there.

Cheers

Bri & Kelvin.

post-662-144598969736_thumb.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last years event was well organized and Brian and Kelvin managed to put together a heap of great prizes, I'll be in 1770

that weekend so unfortunately won't be able to make it.

Camped at wavebreak last time and made a weekend out of it. Was awesome.

I would like to announce this years flattie social will be on Sun sept 15 held on the broadwater and surrounding areas.Myself and Kelvin KMcrosby78 will be organising the day with the same format as last year.

I know the date clashes with the wanderers social but hopefully this will capture the guys not attending.

This is 2 weeks before the GC flathead classic and the tides are right.

So as last year there will be plenty of prizes available ( Sellers/importers if you do have any prizes to add to the pot it would be appreciated)

More details will follow, just wanted to get the date out there.

Cheers

Bri & Kelvin.

[attachment=65326]h0b875fe.jpg[/attachment]

Hey bri you had me until you mentioned that clown KELVIN but I will think about it closer to the date. :P:P:P:P:P :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hey bri you had me until you mentioned that clown KELVIN but I will think about it closer to the date. :P:P:P:P:P :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pot calling the kettle black ................... (sorry I should explain for my bearded ranga friend - this means that you too are indeed a clown ......). See you there Dassa?

Last years event was well organized and Brian and Kelvin managed to put together a heap of great prizes, I'll be in 1770

that weekend so unfortunately won't be able to make it.

Camped at wavebreak last time and made a weekend out of it. Was awesome.

Thanks for the kind words Steve but all the credit for the prizes goes to Bri - he is well connected and puts in a great effort compiling the quality prizes we had last year. Looking forward to this!!!

not sure if this is a free event? if not what is the entree fee? keen for it!!

They are not really a comp. They are social that members run. Everybody can enter however some of the members put in money to a pot that they compete for.

Ted is correct, It's not a comp, but a social get together with a bbq afterwards.

$10 entry fee, and winner is the longest flattie, Top 3 or 4 win the cash divided up as a percentage. Winner last year was over 100 bucks in cash if I remember. Also there will be a raffle 1st prize last year a pair of Spotters sunnies, I will shortly start collecting these all fishing related.

Kelvin and I don't receive any money, we buy sausages and cold drinks and the rest goes to the winners. It s a bit of fun on a sunday morning and a chance for us all to get together.

All the refined details will be clarified closer to the date.

Cheers all.

Bri.

I know the dates probably took in to consideration the other big flathead comp and the top time of year for the big girls but shame it clashes with the wanderers social in 1770 so i'll probably miss this flathead social

I know Mark its hell of a shame, I think that run out tide is key for the seaway broadwater and obviously before the flattie classic and the pre-fishes. Won't be long before we catch again, see you then.

I know it's very early but is there going to be a Borumba social?

If it was organized early enough we could have more than a couple of days there and lock it into make it a Mega Social.

Not sure Stu as I haven't been able to make a Borumba trip yet but one thing I hoped putting this up early might do is bring social's back to the front page in the hope that others might be started/renewed. They are a great way to catch up with fellow anglers on a semi-regular basis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update to wet the whistie, had a another package in the week and a few more promises.

Spotters sunglasses have given a pair of fishing sunnies and a heap of goodies and ive been promised some fish arrow soft plastics and also thready buster lures are in the post.

So glad to say the prize pool is growing.

Don't forget Sunday Sept 15th.

Cheers all

Bri.

• 3 weeks later...

Less than 2 weeks away now so i thought i would put a few details out there. A few more details i will discuss with Kelvin shortly, but basically the same as last year.

$ 10 entry for every angler over 16 yrs of age.

Under 16s fish for free.

The total pot of entry fee money is divided between the top three anglers, with a percentage ratio ie 35% 1st, 30% 2nd, 25% 3rd.this is to be confirmed.

The longest flathead wins.

Photos only on a brag matt with your id number which you will receive on the day.

You will receive a raffle ticket with your entry fee.

Additional raffle tickets can be purchased for 5 bucks each.The number of tickets may be limited.tbc.

The raffle tickets will be drawn with the prizes on a table and you pick one item until there all gone. The prizes include a pair of spotters sunglasses, soft plastics and more to follow.

There will be one prize for the longest bycatch to be photographed.

Junior prizes will also be awarded, u 16.

Meeting point will be at the boat ramp just past seaworld near the seaway/spit.(map on first page of post).

Time 5.45 am and return to ramp at 12.30pm.

We will have a sausage sizzle and cold drinks whilst prize giving.( Free of charge).

We will have a good time.

More details will follow, but if you have any questions please ask and Kelvin or myself will answer them for you.

Hopefully the weather plays the part and we have a good turn out of anglers.

Cheers

Bri.

All sounds good to me Bri. Sounds like you've been busily compiling a great pool of prizes again!!! We also have those two brag mats from Angus.

Anyone out there who has been wanting to get to an event or social for the first time to meet fellow AFO addicts, this is a great low-key social to do exactly that. We'll all be fishing the same general area so you get to see the likes of Bri and others on their home turf doing what they do best (no pressure Bri!!!). Hoping to see some new faces there (oh, and Dassa of course!!! Yakking or boating Dassa?).

I may have a deckie spot on my 14ft tinny - will advise next week as need to check with my brother.

Have just gone through the thread and compiled a list of possible/probable starters. To help with catering purposes could everyone please confirm it they still intend to come by late next week (obviously little things still pop up).

Would love to have many more so all you first-timers, regulars and yakkers (this is a good yakking event with plenty of sheltered water) put your hand up and join us for a fun day.

If anyone has deckie spots available please post up here also.

1. Bri The Pom

2. Kmcrosby78

3. Mottly Crew

4. Eug

5. Bearded Ranga

6. Etran

7. Etran's friend

8. Bootyinblue

9. Bi_polar

10. Keen_as

11. Keen_as friend

12. Fearlessboagan

13. Brmil68

14. fishingnut

15. Pete T

16. Dean M

17. PlasticFantastic

18. Bearded Ranga's daugther

19. Matt C

20. Deno C

21. Dave P

22. Bri's workmate 1

23. Bri's workmate 2

24. Bri's workmate 3

25. brmil68's mate

26. Pancakes & Haggis

27. OnTheChew

Sorry mate but my hopes of coining were dashed yesterday when looking at the intranett. The "powers to be" decided the wanted all marking and reporting done by wednesday following this weekend. SO with assessments being submitted on Friday 14th and Biol exams needing a 24 HR turn around it looks like I will be marking all day instead....gr :pinch:

Archived