Creating Jobs for the Unemployed

Convict

Submitted: 10 July 2013. I am currently living in Brisbane and desperate for work. While discussing the fishing location of Deep Water Bend in Brisbane about the kiosk that used to be there, I came up with an idea to create jobs for the unemployed. I can only assume that most people on this site would be fishermen and fisherwomen, and therefore you are the people to run this idea by for feedback. How do you think a Mobile Bait and Tackle Shop would go? Load up a van or truck with bait and tackle and drive out to popular fishing spots to sell your wares. For an example, head out to Deep Water Bend at 4.00am and head home at 8.00am, then in the later afternoon return at 4.00pm and leave at 8.00pm. They say early mornings and late afternoons are the best fishing times. This could even work as an extension for bait and tackle shops already operating. It is just an idea. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Hey mate, that is a good idea, creating a job for yourself, way to go. How about your idea but with a twist? By running this type of setup, you need to have capital as you need stock up. How about a joint partnership with a local tackle shop where you get all you need on a consignment basis for example? Or even work with the likes of BCF and have them appoint you as the 'roving' salesman, and you get paid via a small base salary and a commission. These are just a couple of ideas. Good luck

Hi Teckee7, I had already put the concept to some tackle shops, before I posted my concept. I approached BCF about the possibility of sponsoring me me to trial it as an extension of their business. Just waiting on a response from them. However, some of your suggestions, I have taken onboard. I appreciate your feedback, so thank you.

great idea, I have found it really hard to break into the industry, you basically have to be born into it!!

so I quit my job and become an independent sales representative, and so far have a few manufactures on board. but they are generally commission based.

but id be keen to see how you go and at worst work with you in getting it off the ground?

Hi, thanks for your feedback. At this stage it is only an idea. I don't have the funds to buy a fishing rod, let alone the equipment, the van or truck etc due to me being unemployed. All I can do is put the idea to some bait and tackle shops and see what comes of it - or to see if someone on this site is interested in it. Maybe there is someone else here who is unemployed and more cashed up than myself to do it. If it creates a job for me or someone else, then it was worthwhile putting it here. I would welcome you working with me to get it off the ground, so thanks for your support. Jim

Archived