lota mudflats 10/07/13

squeak6969

so in all my infinite wisdom i decided to say a great big F U to the rain this morning and head out fishing anyway. i loaded up the new yak onto the car and off i went to hit the 10.30 high. all was quiet from the clouds above so i thought great! im gna be in for a great day........... just past the point of no return (where i was already commited to going fishing) bang it starts pissing down! NO WAY IS THIS GNA GET THE BETTER OF ME!!!!!! so i kept on paddiling out to the lota mudflats. and bang i was on first cast whiting within 20 secs, second cast whiting within another 20 secs, and so i continued for a good 20 mins then all of a sudden it just went dead. kept casting around for a while and eventually caught a small flathead then decided it was time to go in. on the way home against everything my knowledge told me my instincts disagreed with and i ended up fishing a spot on the way back. 20 secs bang another whitinig and so continued until all went dead again and sure enough in fashion of the mornings events another flathead to finish me off this one going 32cm. so all in all not a bad days fishing, caught plenty all legal (except for the flatties) and brought home a couple fish for dinner. i threw most of them back cause although they were legal i didnt think they were big enough for me. and i may have caught a cold aswell. if i didnt throw any back i reckon i would have eaisly bagged out on the whiting today. the end thanks for reading

hey mate nice little sesh you had, if your out there again head around into tinnie creek and have a go around the sunken house boat and work your way down around the mored boats and back out to the flats again basicly the boat ramp area on the tingalpa creek side heaps of whiting and bream to be had and also good size flatties hold up thru there as well otherwise good on ya ezy

i just got an ECO MAHI the other day from a friend cause he is moving to nsw and didnt want to take it with him. EZY, it was tinny creek i was working on the way back, i actually launced on the queens esplanade boat ramp. its one of my favourite places to fish, always produced for me every time ive gone there. the rain sucked but was good to blood the new yak

Archived