"Flatty Hole" Deception Bay

CosmicFisho

G'day peoples.

I'm new to the Deception Bay area and have heard of a spot called,you guessed it,Flatty Hole.I'm lead to believe that it is a short walk from the Research Centre at the end of Beach Rd,D-Bay.Can anybody point me in (or be willing to show me) where this honey hole is located?.

Thanks in advance,

Cosmic

Hey cosmic,

I have lived in the bay my whole life an i know the area you are talking about,

It has been quite a few years since i have fished it, and to be dead honest, dont waste your time. I have never had awhole heap of luck. Its only fishable on the last half of a run out tide and is quite a bit dangerous as the shell grit track has silted up and you will be in waste deep mud most of the time,

If your keen your could head down the ullman rd ramp and fish the caboolture river or back end of burpengary creek, try scarborough rock walls or even the new ted smout fishing platform between clontarf and brighton foreshores, plenty of jew,tailor and squid to be caught at the right times.

Good luck

Cheers

Josh

G'day Josh,

Thanks for you're reply,much appreciated.I've fished all of the areas you'vementioned bar the Caboolture and burpengary waters with rather dismal success.Clearly I am doing something wrong.

I am running 15 lb main line with 8 lb leader and a running sinker.Have tried a variety of baits,squid mullet pillie prawn.Any tips you can suggest mate?

Cosmick

Archived