PB Golden Trev on 4LB

pancakes_and_haggis

Well with not having any work brings a few opportunities,

had decided this morning to hit up peel to get into this squid action that everyone seemed to get a slice of over the weekend in the MBC, text Mark to check he was keen and he suggested that Dunich was a better plan to have a crack at a golden but while i was waiting for my partner in crime to finish work the wind had other ideas and completely shut down that idea.

Sitting at home we both looked at each other and decided to give our nemisis local canals a go that were still scratching our heads over!

Today started off in the same way it always does, mark on the 6lb and me on the 4lb, small 2 inch plastics constant casting and no result.

The call was made to head out the front and fish the flats to see if we could at least land something but on our way mark made the call " i reckon you'll get a hit going past this pontoon, "

Well i got a hit alright, but pulled the hooks but as i pulled my plastic out the water my eyes lit up as 5 or 6 good big eye trivially were following the lure to the surface!

Mark casted and immediately hooked up landing a nice big eye just round the 40cm mark. no picture!

Next cast and i was on landing a nice small Snapper that went 38cm.

post-8891-144598976611_thumb.jpg

Well having finally found some action after numerous trips without success we thought we'd stay around and have a bit more of a look in this particular area.

Few casts later in the same are i come up tight on a fish that just doesn't want to know, chased it for a while with the electric, loosing line and gaining it, being careful not to over-do it as im still supporting the 4lb leader!

Finally got some colour and up pops a nice 70cm Golden trevaly.

post-8891-14459897662_thumb.jpg

post-8891-144598976626_thumb.jpg

post-8891-144598976634_thumb.jpg

post-8891-144598976638_thumb.jpg

post-8891-144598976642_thumb.jpg

post-8891-144598976646_thumb.jpg

Few photos and he's back on his way, ready for Mark and I to catch another day!!

Few drifts later and a turtle pops up next to the boat and mark spots a 1M+ queenfish!!

The action didn't stop here, I hooked up again to another trivially and lost it after he made a be line for the pontoon and i had to tighten the drag.

Mark decided to make a re-appearance to the trivially action hooking up to a solid fish on his no " upgraded leader" but sadly the fish dropped it and the fun was over.

Had to leave the fish chewing in order to keep the missus happy and ensure there will be many more afternoon sessions to the spot we both hate fishing!

Cheers for sharing my enjoyment

Callum

that a awsome effor right there!! thats why we fish allways hoping for the big one on light gear well done calum

Fished kingfisher resort jetty on our trip to fraser, loaded the 3000 resl up with 20lb braid and decided to tie the 4lb to it, threw out a live herring which hit the water Was engulfed in 5 seconds, a 15 minute fight followed until this thing realised it lived among the pylons and not 100 M out to sea :evil:

Archived