Two Piece Paddles

Dobie65

I have 2 like that, one has an aluminium shaft and plastic blades. It has a limited number of adjustments based on locator pins that match holes drilled in the other shaft. I use this one in small tight water where I'm likely to use it to push of branches, rock, etc...

The second is all fiberglass and has a tightening collar that giving an infinite range of length and blade offset adjustments. It's also more expensive but for me, it's better for paddling.

The main thing to look for is a snug fit of one shaft into the other.

I went and bought a seak touring paddle from anaconda today fibre glass shaft and carbon and fibreglass blades two piece will be trying it tomorrow down at Wivenhoe Spillway Common never been to this place before just thought I'd check it out as my wife and son are keen to try out their viking espris I bought during the week.

We now have an espri navy and now I have to fit anchor trolleys and railblaza starports all over again.

The paddles that came with my kids yaks are 2 piece and they seem fine. They are light aluminium, if you don't have leash on them and drop one they sink, quickly! :ohmy:

Put some of that expanding foam that comes from the aerosol cans in the shafts. That will seal them.

Archived