fishing in restricted areas

brado

i thaught id start this topic cos i think we hav all don it be4. i personally hav many memories of fishing both fresh and salt in lets just say (out of bounds) areas. I always get that urge to just jump the fence n try a bit up further the river, or walking straight past the rangers hut to get as close to the wall/spillway as posible. but once u hav got to that spot its normally gold :laugh: but u always hav to keep one eye lookin out for the ranger or owner of the land. i personally think that fishersman should hav a lil bit of resemption it not lik we r doing grafitti or stealing?. i personally hav bin caught (a few times) by the ranger at north pine dam fishing right next to the wall. but i think he is kinda gettin to know me cos after all i still go bak to that spot. :woohoo:

tell me about ur funni moments of (out of bounds) areas

cheers brado

I don't fish restricted areas cause I don't like making the sometimes fully deserved crappy reputation us fisherman have.

For example the last time I lretrieved my boat from Redland Bay Ramp some dip stick of a boat person left empty beer bottle on the ramp which my boat trailerran over. Now if that had been at night I would not have seen it and either my feet or tyre would have been shreaded.

When fishing we should always act with a responsable nature to avoid adding to our already bad reputation.

So in short I'm with you Feral.

i agree with u Brian.

where i fish i pose no threat/danger to safety of other persons nor myself. i dont do this act very often but on occasions i do and the place which i am goin to is never a highly populated area. i hope u can understand this.

cheers brado

I used to fish in the Spillway of Wyvanhoe all the time.

Then i was told it was illegal. :(

I did stop then as rules are usually tehre for one reason or another.

However it was a sad day as the spillway there is teeming with all manner of fish.

Oh well. Hopefully as this is under the wall all these bass etc also find there way into the Brisbane river proper.

Angus.

I dont pay BCC rates, so cant comment on that one! I had thought the council ones were ok?

If you look at the Hinze Dam web site, it has a link to all the Pontoons the Gold Coast City Council have installed specifically for fishing, those of you in Brisbane who are rate payers should send a letter or email to \"Can Do\" pointing out how fisherman friendly the GCCC are compared to him!

Archived