My 2013 Winter Camp

Angus

Well I have expressed this already to those that made it but what a great year...

It was so good to see so many new faces mixed with guys and gals that have been coming for years. I have always found that these camps can tip over a "sometimes" user into a fully fledged regular so it is always good to see how easily everyone mixes regardless of past site interaction...

The fishing was great and I managed to not be tempted into the realm if shrimp to early in the piece and stuck to my ground with the lures for most of the morning. All the lure caught fish I managed, and Duncan who I was fishing with were on blades, a combination of Eco Gear and Daiwa...

Eco Gear VX40 caught bass.

post-63-144598981092_thumb.jpg

Another

post-63-144598981104_thumb.jpg

One for Duncan...

post-63-144598981111_thumb.jpg

After a good session on the morning and a great burger lunch we opted for a lazier afternoon using shrimp in the hop of getting a yella and a catty to round out our bags. No yellows were scored for us but a few more bass and a nice Catty for Duncan, the winning one I might add rewarded us for our efforts.

post-63-144598981122_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598981132_thumb.jpg

A good day.

The nights presentations went smoothly with many gentlemanly acts occurring but I will cover the winners and those that stepped down in an official front page report a bit later (and when I have collected some more pictures from people.

I managed a first for Winter Camp, a dawn Sunday session Sadly no fish were present to reward me but the sunrise was amazing through the mist...

post-63-144598981142_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598981147_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598981154_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to others reports from an awesome weekend.

Angus

Was an awesome camp, first winter camp I have been on. Facilities were awesome and so was the food.

My goal for the next one is too get Mick drunk and get him to tell some stories.

Looking forwrd to the bluefin comp. sounds like it will be another good weekend.

Almost turned the car around and head back to the ramp after seeing how good the weather really was.

post-6803-144598981459_thumb.jpg

Was an awesome camp, first winter camp I have been on. Facilities were awesome and so was the food.

My goal for the next one is too get Mick drunk and get him to tell some stories.

Looking forwrd to the bluefin comp. sounds like it will be another good weekend.

Almost turned the car around and head back to the ramp after seeing how good the weather really was.

[attachment=66298]he8723bf.jpg[/attachment]

That is the spot I think has been thrown around as the "the spot to annex" for the Blue Fin comp :)

Angus

It was my first camp and I had a ball. Special thanks to Mick and Steve, the food and service was outstanding. Also to Angus for organinizing the camp and Rob (Zim man) for the prizes and the stories. Have to take a rain check on Duncan's bass talk lets say due to technical issues.

All the AFO/BFO members made me feel welcome and the winner Geoff even gave me some tips to get me started. (Thanks Geoff)

I hope to make it to many more.

Cheers

Wayne

Archived