Raymarine Dragonfly

toonie

Hi mate. I bought one a few months ago. I haven't been out as often as I would have liked, so still getting used to it. Very nice screen for the price and it is really easy to use. My only concern with it is that the mounting cradle seems a bit lightweight compared to my old hummingbird, but I think it is stronger than it looks. And getting the suncover (optional extra)on and off can be a bit annoying, but I would still recommend getting this as an extra as the screen is so nice it would be a shame to scratch it.

I haven't been in anything over about 20 metres since I started using it, but no problem with the clarity of the sounder. The downvision is a bit of a bonus as it gives you a bit more detail than the sounder. Overall I am very happy with it so far.

If you are thinking of buying one, talk to Lance at reeltackle (aussie123). I bought it when they were hard to get hold of and Lance really looked after me before, during and after the sale. Great price as well.

Hope this helps.

love it yes see lance he will look after you i have beached my boat at the hut and all was good but my ray marine trancducer i had to put back in place

The transducer is unusually long and doesn't fit as firmly as others I have had, but the kick up works really well and you should avoid damage in most situations. I still need to adjust mine a bit because I lose the bottom at anything over about 15 knots.

Hi Toonie

Got one of these to replace my older Lowarance and am very happy with it.

Great sounder with an awesome screen and the sonar and downscan are pretty top notch.

I have attached a screen capture of the Tiwi Pearl (Harry Atkinson Reef for those not sure where this is)I took on downcan - very good detail.

Cheers

Blair

post-6340-144598986309_thumb.jpg

Hi Toonie

Got one of these to replace my older Lowarance and am very happy with it.

Great sounder with an awesome screen and the sonar and downscan are pretty top notch.

I have attached a screen capture of the Tiwi Pearl (Harry Atkinson Reef for those not sure where this is)I took on downcan - very good detail.

Cheers

Blair

[attachment=66720]TiwiPearl.jpg[/attachment]

cheers Blair! That looks pretty cool.I think I will go with the dragon fly.

Saw them at the boat show last weekend, $835 , only draw back if you have a big boat is they are not networkable. great for stand alone work (i.e. you don't want to connect anything to them like fuel flow etc.)

For the price and the reviews. seem the goods. Ray marine rep said only issue is they can be hard to get a hold of. But a rep would say that!

Saw them at the boat show last weekend, $835 , only draw back if you have a big boat is they are not networkable. great for stand alone work (i.e. you don't want to connect anything to them like fuel flow etc.)

For the price and the reviews. seem the goods. Ray marine rep said only issue is they can be hard to get a hold of. But a rep would say that!

The rep is not lying.

Every order I place for stock of the Dragonflys takes around 6-8 weeks to get them.

This demand is world wide and not just here in Australia.

Accessories have taken near 3 months to get for them as well because Airmar have not been able to keep up with making the transducers for them.

Luckily I now have 3 or 4 in stock so if anyone needs one just yell out.

Because of the massive demand for these,Raymarine is now going to add the Dragonfly technology into several of their bigger models which will allow engine networking via a black box addon.

• 2 weeks later...

The rep is not lying.

Every order I place for stock of the Dragonflys takes around 6-8 weeks to get them.

This demand is world wide and not just here in Australia.

Accessories have taken near 3 months to get for them as well because Airmar have not been able to keep up with making the transducers for them.

Luckily I now have 3 or 4 in stock so if anyone needs one just yell out.

Because of the massive demand for these,Raymarine is now going to add the Dragonfly technology into several of their bigger models which will allow engine networking via a black box addon.

thanks for the referral link old scaley.. just to let you guys know brisbane yamaha reakons they have a few. 1000 fitted through them.

Archived