Dry Ice Sales

Fisher_90

Hi guys, Im wondering if any of you know where i could buy dry ice in block form on the Northside. I have tried BOC and they only have pellets and i dont really wanna drive to Hemmant to get Brisbane Ice Sales so im wondering if you know of a place that would sell dry ice.

Also does anyone know how much i will need for 4days of camping in a good quality Coleman 54litre Esky at this time of year?

Mate there use to be an ice joint at Northgate just off of toombul road down near the post office if your familar with that area. I used to get my dry ice from there awhile ago now

3day block and pack some cube ice in around it mate and throw a wet cloth over your block i find it helps stop evapouration.

Enjoy.

Ice joint is still there (Northgate), how long the ice lasts will depend on how much you open the esky.

Also Colemans are not the thickest esky around, we used to get 5kilo blocks for work, they would last a week in the esky if we didn't use it. But it was a custom esky, quite thick walled.

I agree with shortie, for example I went away on the weekend, with a 20 litre esky, with one 3litre milk bottle frozen, and a couple of sheets of tech ice on top. Went into esky Friday about 10am, came out sunday about 5pm, still some ice in the bottle, and I had been opening the esky reasonably often.

Dry Ice is a waste of time, unless you want to keep stuff frozen.

When we went camping on fraser, we would use big blocks of ice and salt it down with course salt. Blocks would last about a week.

Also on the Pro boat we would use \"crushed party ice\" .As it was going in we added the salt ,after about 6hrs travelling to reef , we had a 1 tonn ice block. That would last 10 days. We had to break it up with a pick to put it amongst the fish.

So salted ice lasts longer than normal ice, just drain off water daily.and resalt daily.

Or you can super freeze ice with liquid nitrogen which is cheap as chipsfrom a boc outlet

you just pour it over the ice an hour before you intend to use it ;)

we use it at work to fit special bearings we freeze the solid 80 mm stainless steel shaft to shrink itthen slide the bearing on :woohoo:

Gaz

Archived