School macs

Mul87

Ok this is the 6th time I have going In search for schoolies and no luck.

Been up and down the rainbow/ roues. / jigged every becon from peel to amity. Still nothing.

What I am offering is a day out on my 4.25 ally craft. All fule drinks ice ect payed for. Just bring your own rod/rods

In exchange for them showing me where to go and catch these fish. And info.

Yep that's how disparate I am to get some of these fish.

Not a bad idea mate - good luck. I've never caught one down here either, although I've heard of them being caught around Mud, somewhere around/behind Green, on the northern side of Peel and at the Measured Mile beacons out in the middle of the bay north of Mud. Certainly would be handy to be able to locate them reasonably regularly.

Its too early for them atm.

Best place to start off for mackerel is the 4 beacons and any of beacons along moreton.

Measured mile also holds good number of schoolies but way too many boats.

Wait a couple months and youl see reports coming in.

We had a cracker season last year.

You can troll them in southeren bay on paravains but you barely hear those catching give reports out.

Shane

Just read you post Friday, catching whiting Saturday, had mackerel following some of the whiting up to the boat (lost one or two as well).

Put a pilchard on a gang of hooks, and whilst I was sorting out a balloon, it got taken from a meter or so under the boat. 70cm spottie :-)

In its stomach was the back half of a whiting.

This was in about 7m of water in the rous channel.

No more showed up.

For me, it was quite unexpected. The only other ones I've caught (I'm not very experienced),

were with slugs around the 4 beacons (in warmer weather)

Duncan

Like Rosco said they are thick in the bay at the moment and it should be a good season like last year.

If you don't want to troll for them then drifting around with ganged pillies set at different depths should yield a few fish, a bit of burly in the form of chopped pillies doesn't go astray either to attract them and keep them around.

Generally you need the water to come up a couple more degrees for them to fire on the beacons on slugs, I reckon within a few weeks they should be on the chew in these areas.

Cheers,

Al

Thanks guys was one hell of a day out set out at 330 fished till 6 then went to work. All caught on soft plastics. Got 4 macs lost 3 and a 70plus snapper. All on 6lb braid and 8lb fluro. Morn started off a cracker

Got most of the footage on the go pro just need to find out how to upload it

post-12808-144598987596_thumb.jpg

post-12808-144598987606_thumb.jpg

post-12808-144598987615_thumb.jpg

good to see you got some. more time on the water always rewards those who persist!

also have a crack in the northern bay around pearl channel in the early morning, look for water around 10-15m deep and fish a runout tide. most of the fish we pull are caught on micro jigs 30-40grams right on the bottom.

goodluck

Archived