Lowrance, updates, micro sd, Navionics gold card.

rathabfishin2

OK, well I am looking for a Navionics gold card. I had a look on the Lowrance site and it showed an available update. So what I want to know is...

Micro SD card....do I buy any micro sd card for this or is it specific for sounders/gps and/or brands?

Also if I buy a Navionics gold card for Lowrance will it be usable for other brands?

I bargained for the sounder in the boat sale and plan on upgrading later this year and keeping the Elite 4 for the yak so if it is not compatible with any others I will buy one just to over Sth QLD.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers Andrew

Hey mate,

What exactly are you trying to do? Update or buy a new card?

To update your navionics maps you need to contact Navionics. You will have to pay for it and they will send you an updated card.

The navionics cards come as a MICRO SD card that sits inside a normal SD. Some Lowrances take the Micro size and some the standard SD.

Another option is the C-Map card. A lot cheaper, at around $100 (I think). Not as good quality as the Navionics and a touch slower. If its for an elite 4, it will be fine. But if your running a HDS then you may want to opt for the Navionics.

You need to buy a card and it will be up to date with all the latest info and green zones.

If you already have one then you send your old card in and they will update it or exchange it for a small fee.

Just buy the whole east coast of Australia.

Navionics fits lots of different brands of sounders including some Humminbird.

Hey mate,

What exactly are you trying to do? Update or buy a new card?

To update your navionics maps you need to contact Navionics. You will have to pay for it and they will send you an updated card.

The navionics cards come as a MICRO SD card that sits inside a normal SD. Some Lowrances take the Micro size and some the standard SD.

Another option is the C-Map card. A lot cheaper, at around $100 (I think). Not as good quality as the Navionics and a touch slower. If its for an elite 4, it will be fine. But if your running a HDS then you may want to opt for the Navionics.

Thanks Wayne. I want to buy a new card. I currently do not have any maps as the areas I have been fishing I know well enough to have done without. Looking at the beacon to beacon I realize that it would be a good idea to get it as there are so many banks and channels and it will do my head in having to keep looking at the book.

I looked at the Lowrane site and saw and update for the actual unit.

I figure if I buy one I will go the extra now if it will be usable say with a hummingbird hds sounder. I may be laybying a minn Kota I pilot link 55lb for $2300 and paying it off so, if so it will be a h/bird sounder next.

So either way as I will upgrade to a bigger and better unit over the next few months I figure navionics gold is the way to go provided I can move it over to the new unit when I get it.

If not I may just go the cheap option and keep it for the yak.

You need to buy a card and it will be up to date with all the latest info and green zones.

If you already have one then you send your old card in and they will update it or exchange it for a small fee.

Just buy the whole east coast of Australia.

Navionics fits lots of different brands of sounders including some Humminbird.

Thanks mate. Looked earlier today and from memory whitworths has them for $300. Is that about right for price?

Archived