She's here :)

steveshortt

Took delivery today :D stoked .. LOVE IT !!

Despite being 2 days late and having wrong motor.. not plumbing up live well.. black grease hand prints on white minn kota.. wrong switch panel and motor having cavitation plate 6 inches above bottom of hull :sick: ALL GOOD..

BOAT RUNS VERY WELL.. POPS UP ON PLANE LIKE A DREEAAMM :D :D

Did I mention LoVe iT!! :):)

post-13472-144598990256_thumb.jpg

post-13472-144598990268_thumb.jpg

They ended up mounting the sounder on a ram mount on the side pocket side. :) just boat to head up the river to run her in :) yesterday I run her for 1 hour so now im up to the part where you full accelerate then back off to 3/4 throttle. She was doing 52kmh. The gps wasnt able to catch up because I didn5 stay at 100% for long. The 50hp is craaazy :D definatley needs heaps higher prop. I feel like a rag doll flapping in the wind :) :)

The Aluvan Razor 4.3 S :) this is a copy from the millennium hull from quintrex.. but more aggressive :evil: it is so smooth. And 1.5 m of the boat is left in thee water on full throttle due to the design of the hull :)

The designer of Aluvan, Terry Allen actually designed the millennium hull but this is the improved version.

They look an awesome hull and i'll be definately be keeping an eye on these hulls. They look very high quality.

Quite like the Ram mount, I have sounder and GPS just wedged in the pocket ;) do have a mate that is a welder :woohoo:

Have you got battery up front and one down the back where the switch panel is?

Just squeezes in then :-) They are wide hey.

Yea the rams great.. I have a big deep cell battery up front and one at the back.

Was up the river today and got my bum kicked by a 3.5m tinnie with a 25.. I dont think it was meant to have a 25 lol max 15 maybe..

She defiantly needs a bigger prop.. it has the same as my mates 40 yammie ona 4.3. Git my boat to top speed again today.. whether it 1 or 5 people she does 49kmh. Youd have to think if it was propped right it would slow down right. I think ill go for a more coarse prop.

Re propping based on those assumptions will only cause damage to the motor.

You need a tacho to be able to work out what your prop is doing.

She defiantly needs a bigger prop.. it has the same as my mates 40 yammie ona 4.3. Git my boat to top speed again today.. whether it 1 or 5 people she does 49kmh. Youd have to think if it was propped right it would slow down right. I think ill go for a more coarse prop.

Re propping based on those assumptions will only cause damage to the motor.

You need a tacho to be able to work out what your prop is doing.

cant get a tacho fitted. Can only go off how she sounds. And going off calculations vs rpm vs final speed vs how it

meets them expectations will be fine. After all cant stuff it up that bad. If it goes faster and I haven't dropped rpm by more than 500 rpm to max recommended its safe. . Would hurt more being too high in rpm.. I've kinda got the hang of it now after repropping 3 boats..

Cheers Steve

repropping" based on motor having cavitation plate 6 inches above bottom of hull"

As you stated would be stupid.

When you return it to get the motor height set correctly they can look at your Min Cotta.

Fixed the height myself today and upgraded my self resetting circuit breaker today. Want things done right do it yourself right :):)

I'm waiting for a cheap one from Hong Kong to get here. wrap around the spark plug I think and it records hours as well.

Will let you know how it goes. I not sure where to fit permanently just yet.

James

James you can use double sided tape and stick them either on the tiller arm or the front of the motor near where all the wiring comes through the engine casing.

That way you can run the tacho wire through where the battery wiring goes into the motor.

You can also buy cheap infra red laser tacho's that work off a sticker on the flywheel.

Any outboard can have a tacho fitted

I'm really new to boats so whilst I know when an engine is screaming it's nuts off I dont know if it should actually sound like that :-0

The engine hour counter will also mean that I can get my G-Shock back off the tiller arm and back on my wrist. I have also tried using the GPS device to record engine use but takes ages analyzing the data.

Cheers Aussie123, it's the basic engine so not even starter wires ruunning to her BUT good idea on sticking to tiller. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago off e-bay so should be here soon. Got a right bargin of $11 delivered! Lets hope it works.

I'm really new to boats so whilst I know when an engine is screaming it's nuts off I dont know if it should actually sound like that :-0

The engine hour counter will also mean that I can get my G-Shock back off the tiller arm and back on my wrist. I have also tried using the GPS device to record engine use but takes ages analyzing the data.

Cheers Aussie123, it's the basic engine so not even starter wires ruunning to her BUT good idea on sticking to tiller. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago off e-bay so should be here soon. Got a right bargin of $11 delivered! Lets hope it works.

A lot of engines will have rubber grommets fitted inside some holes where the wiring is meant to go through if fitted with elec start.

You can put a small hole in one of the grommets to feed the tacho wire through.

Once you get the tacho working you can then work on getting your motor propped correctly if it is not within the acceptable or optimal rpm ranges.

Getting the prop right for the vessel and its average load can save you up to about 30% in fuel usage and dramatically prolong the life of the engine.

An incorrectly propped engine can burn excess fuel and damage the motor and it is probably one of the most important things you can do when setting up any boat.

Archived