Stessco SF430 with the lot - advice

batman

Hi All

I spotted a guy selling a Stessco SF430, it looks like a really good deal purley for the Electric and sounder.

2012 Boat & Trailer

2010 Yamaha 40 EFI 4 stroke Electric Start, Trim/Tilt

Minkota 55 lb I Pilot

Lowrance HDS 10 Gen 2 with LSS2 Structure Scan

Live Bait Tank & Pump, 50lt under deck fuel tank

LED Nav, Anchor & deck lights

Storage for six rods

Optima & century Batteries

Engine Data on Sounder

2 S/S props

Got everything, Ready to go with 9 months rego

I had a long chat with the guy and he is selling because he is upgrading to a AMM centre consol, he also has a 7 meter Whitley in the shed he uses for deep sea.

I have heard good and bad reports about Stessco welds and back up service but I am not too concerned about the hull it looks in good shape.

The sounder on this thung is insane with structure scan HDS and the Minn Kota is a Ipilot version thats 15 months old.

I have put a deposit down on it, do you think its a good deal? I paid $14K he was asking $15.500.

You get the hull plus a 40 two stroke, trailer and saftey gear for $10800.

That Lowrance sounder is $2500 and the Minn Kota is $3K, this one has a 4stroke Yammy replacment value is $8100 but it has quite a few hours on it but full serviced.

It must be worth between 13-15K used.....me thinks.

I have been tinnie shopping for weeks and its a mine field!!! Look at the last two boats purchased on this forum both Aluvan 4.3 Razor S for example. Steve paid $19900 for a 40 two banger and a minn Kota 55lb. the other Aluvan Razor had a 40 Yammy 4 stroke with underfloor fuel tank, sounders etc you would be looking at well over $20k probably $25K for that one. Both awesome boats!!! but my budget is $14K so for the Stessco speced out with nothing to do me thinks a great deal.

anyone have a catcher 430 SF, how do they go!?

Im just going to be running the family out to North Straddie on good days to plonk them on the sand and then sneak off for a fish at night when the little one is sleeping.

So I reckon it will serve the purpose.

the motor has a cover thats why you cant see the Yamaha sticers.

the owner is driving the boat down to Brisbane when he picks up his new one at Brendale.

I am having the boat checked out by probably the best Barra fisherman in Australia, so I value his opinion.

I have purchased heaps of stuff site unseen off Gumtree and Ebay and as long as you are careful and get it checked out it should be all good.

The fact that this guy is delivering the boat to me is a big factor and that he is getting a new boat through AMM he really does know his boats, I get a sense that he is trust worthy but its the chance one takes buying second hand hey.

Hey mate I got a 50 2 banga.. but this boat I have looked at is 10200 from danni at bribie boat sales and that includes safety gear etc.. my brother has the sf422 commonly known as a sf409. $8400 at bribie brand new incl safety gear.. 30 mercury and does 46kmh 1900 for minn kota at bcf 845 for raymarine dragonfly sounder.. batteries bilge pump lights etc probably 12k max the 4.3 would be 2000 more.. incl 40hp

yamaha is just a name. Motors are motors. Hp is hp. Definitely go a 2 stroke. More power and less weight. Less price.. less price. They have a better warranty then yammie anyways. .

Not saying 4 strokes arent good fellas just not for a boat on a budget. . :)

The sf422 is stable and a really great boat.. oh and really comfy and spacious.. :D

That Lowrance sounder is $2500 and the Minn Kota is $3K, this one has a 4stroke Yammy replacment value is $8100 but it has quite a few hours on it but full serviced.

I have been tinnie shopping for weeks and its a mine field!!! Look at the last two boats purchased on this forum both Aluvan 4.3 Razor S for example. Steve paid $19900 for a 40 two banger and a minn Kota 55lb. the other Aluvan Razor had a 40 Yammy 4 stroke with underfloor fuel tank, sounders etc you would be looking at well over $20k probably $25K for that one. Both awesome boats!!! but my budget is $14K so for the Stessco speced out with nothing to do me thinks a great deal.

Im just going to be running the family out to North Straddie on good days to plonk them on the sand and then sneak off for a fish at night when the little one is sleeping.

the 4 stroke might be too heavy / Too slow mate especially for the ocean.. 2500 for a sounder is way too much batman you'd find an awesome sounder combo for less than 1000 as long as it has down imaging IMO.

Hey mate I got a 50 2 banga.. but this boat I have looked at is 10200 from danni at bribie boat sales and that includes safety gear etc.. my brother has the sf422 commonly known as a sf409. $8400 at bribie brand new incl safety gear.. 30 mercury and does 46kmh 1900 for minn kota at bcf 845 for raymarine dragonfly sounder.. batteries bilge pump lights etc probably 12k max the 4.3 would be 2000 more.. incl 40hp

yamaha is just a name. Motors are motors. Hp is hp. Definitely go a 2 stroke. More power and less weight. Less price.. less price. They have a better warranty then yammie anyways. .

Not saying 4 strokes arent good fellas just not for a boat on a budget. . :)

The sf422 is stable and a really great boat.. oh and really comfy and spacious.. :D

Steve

I challenge anyone to find me a boat that is specked like this one for the same money?!

No disrespect to your dragonfly but this Lowrance is top of the range andisnthe dogs bollocks of sounder a as is the Minn Kota it has the iPilot all set up.m

As for the motor I think it wiLl do the job.

The boats you mention above once specked up with all the fruit you would be very hard to get change out of 14 -15 k and it wouldn't be near the spec of this boat.

I have searched high and low!!!

The closet I came was John Crawford marine have last years Razor with. Merc 4 banger and it was 15k as is.

the 4 stroke might be too heavy / Too slow mate especially for the ocean.. 2500 for a sounder is way too much batman you'd find an awesome sounder combo for less than 1000 as long as it has down imaging IMO.

Please explain too slow for the ocean

The four stroke would weigh about 20kg more. Won't make a difference to speed. As you said, your boat does the same speed with one or four people, min 150kg!

That sounder also kills a dragonfly, but 3 times the price

Seems like a reasonable buy, depending on engine hours?

Go for it mate, good deal I reckon and you don't have to spend any extra money upgrading electronics etc as it already has the good gear on it.... They are a good solid boat and ride nice on the water....Would be a good idea to check the service history on the donk for piece of mind but generally you can't go wrong with a yammy.....

Cheers,

Al

Archived