WARNING

Dinodadog

I have put this warning up before,usualy each time after I have been Nuked.

This is mainly for the young ones that think they are immuned to any damage from the sun. People that wear jockey caps with thier ears exposed for long periods of time. You may not see any damage now but wait a few years and you could run the risk of loseing part of your ears.

I have just had about 20 on my right arm, 12 on my left arm, tops of both ears, where my shirt is open at top of my chest, some on forehead and some on legs all burnt off. In a couple of days I will have heaps of little blisters all over me, followed then by scabs.

Are you getting the message COVER UP AND FEEL GOOD.

Both my grandfathers ended up with no ears due to cancer.

One died directly from it. The other non directly but his existing cancer shattered his immune system so when the flu came along it was all over.

Everyone feels invincible when they are young... But we all die.

Personally i want the extra decade my grandparents did not have so I can be Ray or Dino... Retired and fishing several times a week. If that is not enough incentive for the young fellas... RIP.

Angus

Good advice there mate, you haven't seen me since I've had my nose rebuilt due to a large carcenoma being removed. 40 stitches inside and out. OUCH !!

All you young blokes take note of what Dino is saying here. Baseball caps might look like the shiz right now but if if you end up with a Frankenstein head, I'd say it's hardly worth the risk.

Always covered up or slip slop slapped, but I'm a victim of dodgy sunscreens in the 80's that just stopped you burning, but let the damaging stuff through, worse than nothing at all. These days its cover what you can, then sunscreen the bits left over.

Luckily I've not had anything serious cut off so far, but I go regularly, and get the odd carcinoma shaved off.

Going for my third check up this year next month, work is finally getting the message and arranging checks for staff, so I'm going again.

Lost a good mate to skin cancer last November, I'll keep going every 6 months.

been through melanoma removal and serious operation and a painful recovery where I nearly stopped breathing while on too much morphine :-) I have a new long sleeve hoodie that is total block from the Eumundi markets. They also have little hand covers for the top parts of your hand that i'll get. Waiting on pants as they dont have a pattern yet.

I now wear a wide brim hat and yeah not cool looking but keeps that sun off and at sea who really cares what you look like :-)

I worry when I see all the young surfers out in only a pair of shorts!!! Silly buggers most of them will be dead before they are 40 but you cant tell em...I wear a full suit of near full suit with loads of zinc whne its 30C and over in the water,,,

notice its only us who have been effected by cancer replying????? Scared the shit out of me...Thought I was going to die :-(

Archived