Noosa & Rainbow Beach

Angus

Well guys I have been working like a dog lately, basically doing two job full time and trying to do some post grad study and have not had much time to report. However I did manage a trip to Noosa a few weeks ago that I wanted to post. Nothing amazing but an awesome weekend spent with good friends.

First off, due to ridiculous wind Andrew and I went hunting for a new spot. It was low tide and we decided to try our luck wading some flats. The high vegetation and narrow water way did offer a lot of protection and we ended up wading for a couple of hours until the tide started rushing in. Fish caught included bream, rat tailor and a couple of nice legal flathead which ended up as part of lunch. Nothing massive but all in the high 40's and low 50's makes for great eating!

Boydy hooked up on a sample Nordic Stage Areal Pro.

post-63-14459899292_thumb.jpg

46cm Lizzard.

post-63-144598992933_thumb.jpg

54cm

post-63-144598992939_thumb.jpg

Being Tanya's birthday that day that was all the fishing I planned to squeeze in and we wewnt back and made the girls a kick arse sead food paste. More Seafood than pasta ='s pretty awesome in my books...

post-63-144598992949_thumb.jpg

Next the wind dropped right out and promised a beautiful day. We ended up forming a convoy with the neighbors and heading right up North Shore to Double Island for a fish and then along Rainbow to the surf club for lunch. Ended up coming home the rainforest track which was pretty awesome.

Convoy

post-63-144598992958_thumb.jpg

Pretty fish.

post-63-144598992968_thumb.jpg

The bream were ridiculous off the rocks. Every cast for 10 casts resulted in a 30cm + fish. Sorry about the average pictures but I was solo fishing at this stage. If you can appreciate the fish is as long as the reel to the nearly the end of the colored bit on an areal than you can appreciate these were solid surf fish!

post-63-144598992977_thumb.jpg

Heaps of the guys which the girls loved.

post-63-144598992987_thumb.jpg

And also plenty of these which they loved less...

post-63-144598992997_thumb.jpg

All in all a great weekend.

Angus

Mate I did not throw slugs but could of.

Plastics were doing the damage and it was just about patience.

It is pretty deep off the rocks and I was only using 1/12th jig heads and 3 inch plastics (Damiki armour shads and Gulp Minnows). A long story short... Every cast I let get all the way to the bottom (through lots of pickers like that fish above) would = a big bream.

I lost a really good fish as well at the rocks after a 10 minute plus fight. Do not want to elaborate on that story as it sounds to much like a "one that got away" story although I kept the doubled back jig head a souvenir...

Angus

Archived