Sounders aren't easy anymore are they.

billp

Have been reading through countless topics over various sites in the last few days, and can't believe the choices you need to consider when choosing a sounder now a days.

Far enough most of us average joe bloes won't be able to afford 80% of it, but there is still so much to consider.

I think I have narrowed down my next sounder when I upgrade my Lowrance 4x, to something with "chrip" technology with a chartplotter.

Anyone else out there a bit bewildered by the amount of choices you need to make for something so simple?

Agreed

I am researching the hell out of everything at the moment and I have to say it is pretty daunting.

Then there is the challenge of actually learning to use the thing and adjust the setting to suit.

The difference in price between down scan and side scan is massive.

Then it depends on where and how you fish. Thet are invaluable in the bay and open water but in tight creeks you can get away with sighting the structure.

at the end of the day its an aid not a garuntee to catching fish.

Bill don't make it harder than it is, if you go though a few easy questions you can soon narrow it down to a couple of choices , this is the time to go have a play with them in a shop and ask a few more questions about which one suits you best.

Questions are - colour or black and white.

- Combo or sonar.

- Do you need downscan.

- do you need side scan.

Each one of these lends it's self to different types of fishing, just have to match it to the style of fishing you do and of coarse your budget, cheers wayne

Yes Dino, one of the most important things is learning how to understand what your unit is telling once you decide the one you want.

I am the same and rarely touch my sounder but i have to admit lately i would like downscan sometimes to confirm what i am seeing, cheers wayne

Archived