Help with kayaks

Ianminney

Can anyone help me with kayaks.....

Malibu Sierra 10

Sea to Summit Solution Gear Helium Fibreglass Paddle

Coopers Kayak Anchor (those blue fellas)

Century PS Series 12V7.0Ah Lead Acid Rechargeable Battery

Battery Link 1.2Ah - 2.0Ah Lead Acid Battery Charger 6V/12V

Garmin 550C Fish Finder with transducer fitted in hull under the Sierra's moulded seat.

Sierra 10 has a battery tray purpose fitted to the Century battery behind the seat.

Two flush mounted Rail Blaza star ports that fit any of the Rail Blaza accessories inc rod holders.

Not included in the photo but included is an original Environet in its shorter handled medium size.

Coast water bailer/safety kit.

Is this worth $950.

Also I have never paddled a kayak at sea is it hard lol. Done rapids in uk slalom coarses but never with fishing gear on board

Mate the fish finder makes it interesting...

But if you want a cheap "getting into kayaking package" check out Freak Sports.

I am of course bias both owning one and them being a sponsor but they do a good job.

$525 for a full kit... Bargain.

/>http://www.freaksports.com.au/shop/fishing-kayaks/assassin-fishing-kayak-desert-camo/

It my be about $100-200 over priced in the current market. However depends on its condition.

If you are planning on using a yak in the bay or the larger rivers get a Sit on Top yak, not a Sit In yak like this one. Much safer and a lot more user friendly.

The sit ins are good in small creeks and dams and that's about it. There are a few good deals right now in the kayak forums KFDU and AKFF, check them out and read the reviews.

Also before you by have a talk to a proper shop like Freak Sports or Adventure Outlet and ask to demo a couple of options.

Hi bill. I have joined kudu but still not been sent an email saying I have been accepted. Pretty poor if you ask me. There is a trailer on there that I would like to contact the owner about but until they accept my registration it won't let me mail them. Been 2 days now. I re applied today and still nothing. The owner of the kayak said that it's really stable on the open sea.

Ian

Hi bill. I have joined kudu but still not been sent an email saying I have been accepted. Pretty poor if you ask me. There is a trailer on there that I would like to contact the owner about but until they accept my registration it won't let me mail them. Been 2 days now. I re applied today and still nothing. The owner of the kayak said that it's really stable on the open sea.

Ian

Hi Ian - Welcome to the site. It did take a while for my acceptance to come through when I signed up to KDFU however we can not be to critical of a Free service. These sites are run by volunteers who have jobs and a life outside of running the forums. It is a little rough to be critical that they have not responded in what you think is a timely manner. In a lot of cases these site cost the owners money. Be patient and you will get a response.

Regards Ted.

Be patient. The one that accepts all the newbies is in the Emergency services and doesn't always get a chance to log on for days at a time.

Like all moderators, they do the best they can, which is all we can expect since they are giving up precious spare time.

Hi Angus,mate wants to buy this,where does he pick it up from..

The Freak kayak package i mean... Looks the ticket..

They are based at Archerfield...

Give them a call they are super helpful.

And I have been nothing but impressed so far with mine.

As they are a site sponsor please feel free to mention you heard about them here as that will be better for the site in the future :)

Angus

It my be about $100-200 over priced in the current market. However depends on its condition.

If you are planning on using a yak in the bay or the larger rivers get a Sit on Top yak, not a Sit In yak like this one. Much safer and a lot more user friendly.

The sit ins are good in small creeks and dams and that's about it. There are a few good deals right now in the kayak forums KFDU and AKFF, check them out and read the reviews.

Also before you by have a talk to a proper shop like Freak Sports or Adventure Outlet and ask to demo a couple of options.

This is good advice.

Archived