Noxious pest spots.

tomca

For all the northsiders I don't mind sharing a few spots as tilapia are filthy things.

The biggest ones I've ever caught are here, in a drain pond that runs out of the Boondall Entertainment Centre and into Cabbage Tree Creek. Access is tricky.

Screen shot 2017-01-12 at 1.15.59 PM.png

The biggest ones I've ever seen, and plenty of them, is here at Wavell Heights, on a drain that runs into Kedron Brook.

Screen shot 2017-01-12 at 1.14.56 PM.png

And the ones I've been targeting lately without success, basically because they're spooky as hell. Downfall creek at Chermside.

Screen shot 2017-01-12 at 1.16.43 PM.png

• 2 years later...
On 12/01/2017 at 1:27 PM, Tybo said:

For all the northsiders I don't mind sharing a few spots as tilapia are filthy things.

The biggest ones I've ever caught are here, in a drain pond that runs out of the Boondall Entertainment Centre and into Cabbage Tree Creek. Access is tricky.

Screen shot 2017-01-12 at 1.15.59 PM.png

The biggest ones I've ever seen, and plenty of them, is here at Wavell Heights, on a drain that runs into Kedron Brook.

Screen shot 2017-01-12 at 1.14.56 PM.png

And the ones I've been targeting lately without success, basically because they're spooky as hell. Downfall creek at Chermside.

Screen shot 2017-01-12 at 1.16.43 PM.png

Been to the Wavell Heights pond today, a sign saying toxic algae..... and weather is a bit cold, any luck with tilapia??  newbee,,, try to to start with pest fish....

On 22/06/2019 at 6:42 PM, carpta said:

Been to the Wavell Heights pond today, a sign saying toxic algae..... and weather is a bit cold, any luck with tilapia??  newbee,,, try to to start with pest fish....

Yep they shut down a bit over winter. as soon as it starts to warm up give it a shot. 

In saying that they will still take a worm or bread just not as hungry.