Quick Bass flick

Surfingant

Howdy,

Went for a quick flick on the Brissy with Bryan (batman) this morning, not a lot of action for the 3 or so hours we were there with only 2 small bass apiece. I threw a cicada around first up and it generated quite a bit of interest but the hook just couldn't find its mark. Bryan spent a lot of time in the trees so I called him Jords for the morning :silly: and my first bass managed to jump around enough to put a treble through my leg past the barb :pinch: other than that it was pretty uneventful.

Bryan scaring the daylights out of the poor fish.

post-7024-144599010939_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144599010965_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144599010974_thumb.jpg

And in the trees again, no fish there bud :P

post-7024-144599010987_thumb.jpg

Cheers Ant :)

It's impressive to me that you have been up, out, back, submitted report all before I woke up.

....and caught some fish too !

I'd like to hear about the method of hook extraction from leg and resultant opinions on appropriateness of that method. :dry:

Amazing what you can do when you're young :P

Hook removal wasn't that exciting in the end, it really only just nicked me and I thought it went through but wasn't sure. After convincing Bryan that just ripping it out was not the best idea I got him to flatten the barb and back it out, no fuss in the end but it hurt like a bastard when the the barb wasn't flattened out quite enough :S

Ahahahaa Ant your a funny bastard!

I've been out on my new stink boat too much so my casting was a bit wayward but I still had a ball! I ended up getting 2 bass and two catty's all on 1 lure a small chubby.....I then got smoked by a fish cause I had my drag set too weak so lost the fish and chubby.

Now Ant is not describing his injury truthfully! First off he barley nicked himself but it was more the position of the hook....if it had been three inches to the right poor Ant would not be having any kids!! So there he is legs splayed in each direction like a woman giving birth squealing for me to crush the barb!!!! Bwahahhaha,

I felt like a gynaecologist doing surgery to get it out....not a good look!! Bwahahhaha priceless!!

Great to see you again ya big hunk of Sicilian joy!! I hope you return the favour one day.

Archived