ha ha ha, finally got the story

Feral

well last night a certain entrepid member decided to go for a fish before he picked the relo's up at the airport. One of the other blokes from work decided to tag along, I declined, (to hard to get home then back to work through peak hour traffic)

I texted them about 5ish, asked them how they went - just got a curt \"nothing\" in reply.

Got to work and asked how they went again, nothing to speak off was the reply, head down bum up, working feverishly (very unusual - so I new there was more to this story!)

about lunch time it was finally slipped. While fishing SP's they had a line out with a squid on it, unattended, but into the rocks.

There was a strange noise, and they turned around just in time to see rod and reel go over the edge, then go surfing up the canal as something big took home its new trophy!

ha ha ha! Told em there was big uns in there!

Yep, we turned up at Nudgee in the middle of the night, I had managed a couple of small bream on plastics but it was pretty quite.

Cam was throwing a squidgy around and had left his overhead combo resting up against a small fold out chair. This might have worked if the drag had not been wound up.

tap, tap, zzzzzzzzzzzzz, splash,

@#$%, @#$%

I could'nt laugh as I felt so sorry for him.

Fished for a few more hours and only managed a few small flatties.

I'm assuming this is Schulz canal?

I've lost a rod there a few years ago - wasn't worth much thankfully :)

Had it right next to me, the reel well behind me. I figured, if something takes it I'll be able to grab it before it goes in the drink.

Bam! the thing shoots straight into the water, no dragging along the ground. Yep, I was wrong. Then I watched it cruise down the canal and shortly after that under the water, never to be seen again.

for gods sake guys go to crazzy clarcs buy a couple of dog leads per rod tie them to something and stop giving posiedon all your gear i have shark trace with speed clips mounted in my boat to combeat the plastic rod holder curse ive been a witness but not lost a rod i chased one into the drink up at the hornibrook bridges and missed the probable ray and had a little out fit take off at nudgee on the pontoon but i dived just before it stoped moving i over shot it and squashed the reel rip:(

Faulked: With shark rods, I have a couple of bits of wire (per rod) that I use for when I'm at Shorny.

I like to ziptie the rod holder onto the pier - which should be fine but I'm always paranoid, so clip the rod onto the pier (with two bits of crimped wire)

on the beach I just leave them in the rod holders. Those feel like they are almost cemented into the ground - so I know the rod is going no where

Archived