Brisbane River/Jindalee area

novak2407

Hi Novak

I live at Mt ommaney and know the area really well, the issue we have around the Jindalee area is the current, however I have heard of a few in the know who have caught big jewies and thready's up this way.

I personally head way up into he fresh chasing bass but occasionally I head out on the slack tides to have a flick resulting in the odd flattie.

Live bait will get you bullies and thready's but you will need lots time inthe water it's a big body of water.

My mates catch thready's and jewies at the end of sumners road riverhills, jindalee bridge (underneath the highway) and also the jindalee boat ramp. There's a couple landbased spots for you too try.

If youve got a boat I'm pretty sure that a few guys here have caught cod down the 17mile rocks stretch by soaking a few livies along the banks and Rockwall. There's a thread on it here somewhere...

I would be sticking to livies especially big prawns if you can get your hands on some, having said that the biggest threadfin my dad and i have caught was on a big coles green or banana prawn , it weighed in at 11.5 kg and 123 cm. Our fish are all caught well up past the city reaches and UQ so really anywhere that you can get access to the water will do that but if you can find somewhere with a big deep hole and where the current is slack it will produce fish. B)

cheers

Louis

Archived