Pine river Help

Crackerjack93

Hello

I have been hitting the Pine river over these holidays with not much success... Targeting the usual Bream and Flathead. Been using mostly Zman plastics 2" and 2.5" grubz and some 4" curly tailz. I have the retrieves worked out just don't think I'm in the right spots. I have a tinny so I can go anywhere in the Pine, anyone know and spots or areas I should be targeting.

Thank Jack

There are plenty of similar posts so type in 'pine river' in the search bar and you will find heaps of similar threads and certainly pick up a few tips.

Here's one for example.
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/south-queensland/439032-pine-river#480589

Get yourself some paddle tail plastics (zman 3" minnows, squidgy fish etc) and some prawn imitation plastics as well to throw around for flatties. I'm not sure if it makes that much difference but when the bite is tough it can be a good idea to change the style of plastics you use if you haven't caught a fish in a while. Maybe its just a superstitious thing, who knows!

Persistence is your best friend. Eventually you will have a good session, so when you do make sure you take note of the time and tide and places you fished and try to match it next time you fish.

Good luck

Out going tide up near the Ted Smout bridge drifting with any plastic will get you into flatty catching territory.

Otherwise look for structure for your bream, cod and even mangrove jack. Lots of places and and techniques to try out in the Pine... thats half the fun, working it out for yourself.

Goof luck and report back when you get into 'em.

There is a deep hole where bald hills creek joins the Pine a little bit east of th eDohles rocks boat ramp, Its a good spot to cast for flatties at low tide.

About halfway between there and the Dohles rocks ramp (on the sand bar) there was an old skip washed down in the last flood, if its still there, it holds bream on high tide.

Just past Dohles rocks on the RHS, good spot casting over the submerges rocks for bream, or on the drop off for flatties. Also not uncommon to get a tailor or two here as well.

Straight opposite that, the bank on the inside of the bend, good to work for flatties.

Way upstream in the North Pine, there is an outlet pipe water comes up from, I think its water from the paper plant, marked by a navigation marker, good for bream

I find the best bet to get started in the pine is to chase flatties. The usual strategy works, find a sandbank or drop of on the outgoing tide. The bait is getting washed off the bank as the tide goes out so the flatties will be waiting for them in the deeper water of the drop off.

Archived