Sponsor Advertising Reeltackle Mercy Hospital Borumba Bash.

rayke1938

Seeing that this is a charity event and also reflecting on the support that Lance has freely given to the forum over the years I think that it is only appropriate that that the forum owners should relax the rules in this instance and allow the persons who are donating prizes to advertise and insert links to their businesses in the thread about the event.

What do you think?

Cheers

Ray

I have moved this to website problems as I think that since the decision has been made for the sponsors links to be removed that it should continue that way.

It is advertising certain other sites who are not sponsors. Anyone that truly wants to look at the sponsors for the Reel Tackle event can look them up easily on google.

I just hope that commonsense will prevail. I am not asking for open slather just a relaxation for a one off charity event in just one thread. I reckon that our existing sponsors would recognize this is a one off and make allowances.

Rather than cheese off potential sponsors of the site it may actually attract more.

Ray

I am fairly relaxed about the advertising as it is a charity event.

It is not a personal thing that stops the links but the security settings of the site. These are set to prevent all sort of spamming etc. and thus is a small inconvenience. This is in no way me being stubborn as I, through another business have also sponsored the event and will thus not receive this linkage.

Further more, and in the spirit of charity I think AFO have been good sports as it is considering this event directs members to another site (the competition banner suggests it is jointly hosted by this site despite being advertised here) in direct competition with AFO. This would never have been tolerated if it had not been a: a charity and b: a long standing member of the site initiating it.

Cheers.

Angus

Thanks Angus.

I am astounded that people would consider or try to make this into a us verses them thing.

This is a charity event to raise some much needed funds for the Palliative Care Unit for the Albury Mercy Hospital and it should be kept as that.

I or ReelTackle had nothing what so ever in organising this or in the naming of it.

I found it online myself the morning of dads funeral because a group of my mates thought it would be a good idea to raise some money for a charity of my choice.

I selected the Palliative Care Unit because of what they did for my dad and it has grown from there.

I would dearly love to see AFO and all members here get behind what is a great cause and come up and participate in what is shaping up to be a cracker of a weekend.

Personally I would like to see the charity event sponsors named because without them we have nothing but that is up to Angus and I fully respect any decisions that he makes.

AFO has 5 members who have donated incredible prizes and I must say thank you Angus, Henry,Rob,Nick and Ted, you guys are champions.

I want everyone to get along and have a great time and help us raise a few bucks for a group of people who help make a miserable period in peoples lives some what a bit more bearable.

Lets not allow this to turn into a political bun fight and treat it for what it is, a charity fishing social to help raise some much needed funds for a very worth cause.

Thanks

Lance

Touchy subject I know but as it is a charity event I want the charity to win. Even though obsession isnt afo ie our competitor sort of I wont be removing its advert our site. I will annoy my mates but I want to support this event big time.

Every charity event is a hard thing to moderate. If you think about it they will break every rule in the book on every forum. I want it to go well, I want to raise the motherload and am happy to take a strike to get it out there.

Cheers

post-9503-144599022241_thumb.png

There's a pic of the competitors site. Sorry for posting an edited photo but I removed the names and web address

Further more, and in the spirit of charity I think AFO have been good sports as it is considering this event directs members to another site (the competition banner suggests it is jointly hosted by this site despite being advertised here) in direct competition with AFO.

well there you go, didn't realise that reeltackle even had a fishing forum, I thought they were a fishing tackle site.

Learn something new everyday.

Further more, and in the spirit of charity I think AFO have been good sports as it is considering this event directs members to another site (the competition banner suggests it is jointly hosted by this site despite being advertised here) in direct competition with AFO.

well there you go, didn't realise that reeltackle even had a fishing forum, I thought they were a fishing tackle site.

Learn something new everyday.

ReelTackle DOES NOT have a forum.

I was not wishing to start any us vs them war but seeing that it is a one off charity event still think that it is very poor form not to allow the people who have generously made a donation to the prize pool to at least have their Logo/Banner/letterhead ( Like Austackle ) associated with the thread.

On reflection I can see your point re inserting links but surely just having a banner is no big deal and gives the site owners the opportunity to approach the donors re the possibility of becoming sponsors of the site and then it is a win/win for everyone rather than continuing with the dog in the manger attitude.

Sorry about continuing on with the thread but pms not working and my emails not being answered..

Cheers

Ray

Thank you very much Angus and Ray.

All is good.

For me personally I was happy to just have a banner or product image but a link is sweet.

We have a couple more sponsors on board this morning which is incredible.

Lets all knuckle down and raise a few bucks for the hospital now.

Thanks everyone.

Lance

The pics / banners were not an issue in themselves, but off-site image hosting is not allowed. There was no problem with the images themselves, BJ just had to insert them properly like any other member here.

Ray, I was going to respond to your email, but felt Angus's response in this thread should have been more than adequate for you.

I'm not seeing any 'us versus them' here - just a bit of paranoia.

Why do you want the thread deleted, Ray ?

Archived