2014 Fishing Bucket List...

Angus

Just wanted to kick off another little tradition here on AFO,

This would be ascertain everyone's goals (fishing related) for 2104.

It is not that I am particularly competitive or the like... I Just like to set goals and challenges. I find in doing so the dedication and effort is far more likely to be employed as opposed to relaying solely on random sequences of events to propagate a good years fishing.

2013 was good to me seeing two of my three major goals ticked off, these being to land both a Long Tail Tuna and a freshwater cod of any variety. Sadly landing a decent Yellow Tail Kingfish was left wanting and will thus be transferred onto my 2014 list...

I will present my list below and would be interested in knowing what other peoples hopes consist of:

Firsts:

PNG Black Bass

PNG Spot Tailed Bass

Jungle Perch

PB's:

52cm + Mangrove Jack

51cm + Australian Bass

80cm + Yellow Tail Kingfish

All achievable I hope and I nice mixture of fresh and salt. Billfish would have been there but it has already been ticked off woot.

Cheers.

Angus

Only a few that I'd like to tick off this year

1- Saratoga, I've hooked 2 (one in the brissy last weekend) so I'm getting closer to landing one, only another 7 dropped fish to go by my reckoning ;)

2- Jungle Perch, this would be number 1 if not for the fact I really have to go north to do it, maybe later in the year.

3- Jewfish, I still haven't got one of these buggers so I might try and put a bit of time into targeting them this year.

4- 50cm+ Mangrove Jack

All achievable goals, JP will be the hardest for me simply because of location.

I think anyone adding to this thread... We should come back and cross them off as achieved and add the picture... Will be awesome to follow all the members trials, tribulations and successes over the year!

Lance... There is a spot left mate and you are welcome to it :) (For PNG).

I think anyone adding to this thread... We should come back and cross them off as achieved and add the picture... Will be awesome to follow all the members trials, tribulations and successes over the year!

Lance... There is a spot left mate and you are welcome to it :) (For PNG).

If you only knew how many times I have nearly called you about this trip,lol

Hopefully head up to Hervey Bay once i've got my new boat ( sucks being boatless :/ ) and tick off a few things ..

Marlin sight casted on the flats

1m plus Trevally

80 plus Moreton Bay Snapper

1m plus Thready / Jewy local

Achievements ..

Top 5 in a Gamakatsu team series

TOY top 10

Hopefully 2014 is the year, bring it on!

• 3 months later...
Just wanted to kick off another little tradition here on AFO,

This would be ascertain everyone's goals (fishing related) for 2104.

It is not that I am particularly competitive or the like... I Just like to set goals and challenges. I find in doing so the dedication and effort is far more likely to be employed as opposed to relaying solely on random sequences of events to propagate a good years fishing.

2013 was good to me seeing two of my three major goals ticked off, these being to land both a Long Tail Tuna and a freshwater cod of any variety. Sadly landing a decent Yellow Tail Kingfish was left wanting and will thus be transferred onto my 2014 list...

I will present my list below and would be interested in knowing what other peoples hopes consist of:

Firsts:

PNG Black Bass

PNG Spot Tailed Bass

Jungle Perch

PB's:

52cm + Mangrove Jack

51cm + Australian Bass

80cm + Yellow Tail Kingfish

All achievable I hope and I nice mixture of fresh and salt. Billfish would have been there but it has already been ticked off woot.

Cheers.

Angus

I need to get busy!

I have yet to officially tick off any of the above however... I am almost willing to take the 75ish cm king from the rocks at stradbroke due to line class and land based location. Ill be back to try again anyway :P

post-63-144599043328_thumb.jpg

Great thread Angus

Murray Cod

Mary River Cod

Mangrove Jack

Barramundi

Jew

Snapper

Threadfin (20cm one didnt count)

50cm+ Bass (current PB 41cm wild)

Saratoga Jardinii (Northern/gulf species)

Already ticked off for 2014:

Saratoga Leichardti, wild (southern species)

Yellowbelly, wild

GT

Would love to do a trip to PNG for the black and spot tail bass, not sure if it'll be possible this year though :(

As far as a bucket list goes, i'm very new to fishing.

so bucket list for 2014 goes a little something like this.

1. Land something worthy of dinner.

2. Learn enough about techniques, and gear to make #1 happen.

3. Flathead over 50cm.

4. Meet people who love fishing.

5. Get out in a boat and fish, as i haven't been in a boat since i was 6.

Pretty boring stuff for lots of people, but if i could cross all these off i'd be super happy. ;)

• 1 month later...
I'm suspecting I will be dead by the end of 2104, but this year I'm hoping to garner enough enthusiasm to actually go fishing and maybe get another dolphin.

Success !! :woohoo:

In the past month I've managed a session offshore with Ted and Dom, a landbased session with jimmybob in the fresh, and a session down the Pin with Benno. B)

As George Costanza would say "I'm Back Baby !" :lol:

PS Haven't got another dolphin but did get a little Mahi Mahi.

• 5 months later...

I must have forgotten to post at the time, but at the start of 2014 my list was:

Longtail Tuna

Kingfish

Yellowbelly

Saratoga

Mary River Cod

So far I've ticked off 3 but the good ol yella has eluded me.

I think next years list will look a little different and will be 100% saltwater oriented! ;)

I have sort of eliminated the MRC off the list.

Only a few that I'd like to tick off this year

1- Saratoga, I've hooked 2 (one in the brissy last weekend) so I'm getting closer to landing one, only another 7 dropped fish to go by my reckoning ;)

2- Jungle Perch, this would be number 1 if not for the fact I really have to go north to do it, maybe later in the year.

3- Jewfish, I still haven't got one of these buggers so I might try and put a bit of time into targeting them this year.

4- 50cm+ Mangrove Jack

All achievable goals, JP will be the hardest for me simply because of location.

Update on my modest list.

1- I've now dropped 3 Saratoga for none landed :evil:

2- JP trip Jords and I had planned in October had to be cancelled :evil: :evil:

3- I got my Jewy :cheer:

4- Got owned by a suspected very big Jack in a bream comp and that's as close as I've come to that :lol:

Archived