Need help on a new combo

King851

Hey, I need some help on choosing a new fishing combo

I'm after a versitile inshore/offshore combo.

Something light enough to use inshore, fishing bays, beaches, reefs, island shoulders ect, and something heavy enough to take out on the occasional offshore fishing trip and have some fun. A good medium combo that offers a wide veriety of fishing spots and species of fish. I want the rod to be around 2m and no bigger then 7ft. I am fond of shimano and like the t curve range.

I was thinking a t-turve 672 power spin(5-10kg) with a stradic 4000.

Or

Shimano t-turve snapper 70(6-12kg) with a stradic 5000?

Wich is better for what I'm after, is there better for money, and will they stand up to the challenge, and what like would I run? I was thinking 25lb braid with a fluro carbon leader?

All help appreciated

Cheers

Mate - those will definitely do the job for you. Some guys have recently complained that their new stradics are getting damaged on big fish (lots of +1m tuna etc) but others have had no problems. T-Curves have always been a great stable horse to do the job. 25lb braid sounds like a good weight to have on it too.

Would you prefer to have a sportier time with the fish you hook up? go the 4000. Or - if you'd prefer to be on the upper hand most times - go the 5000.

Also - the 7ft rod will give you slightly better casting distance for when you are looking for that longer cast.

Archived