Nudgee Creek 19th August TAILOR!

Tim a

Hey everyone

Seeing as I had a few hours to spare today I decided to go to nudgee creek...again.

Got there at 10 am and headed to the spot where I got my flattie the week before. I was greeted by heaps of mullet... and even more toadfish! first cast sp comes back in half, 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th come back exactly the same. Not a good start as these sp's arent cheap. So I used a miniature hardbody and caught 20 toadies and 'dispatched' them.

I then headed down to my old favourite spot. There was a nice current going over the drop off and turning into some eddies rite next to a snag in the form of and old dead tree. The most fishy thing I could think of. Unfourtuently I only had heavy jigheads with me so I couldnt just let my sp drift with the current. There wasn't many toadies here but I couldn't find the other fish either.

I was getting bored so I decided to try a popper. Best decision I've ever made. First cast BANG!... Toadie... 2nd Cast BANG!... What the duce? this can't be real... TAILOR! so what if it was only 18cm, its a fish on popper and a tailor in nudgee creek. Damn left the camera in the car. Ohwell chuck it back.

3rd cast BANG! This is crazy! another tailor but even smaller than the last at 16cm. This continued and I got 8 tailor in 22 casts with the biggest at 29cm. Simply unbelievable especially as I was talking to it with angus the week before. The only reason it stopped was because I lost my popper to the snag and whilst tying on another one they dissapeared. Best short session of my life.

Unfourtuantly I didn't get anypictures of the fish but I did get the camera to take a picture of the snag and I already had a pic of the popper.

Has anyone else seen tailor in the before? Or caught anything on popper there before?

Fantastic session!!!

Tim

Popper that did all the damage [img size=423]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Popper_toadcolor.JPG

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/08/21 13:58

post-96-144598400312_thumb.jpg

Yeh jimmybob I want to try night time as well.

Abu yeh most of it is pretty shallow but where the snags are there is a little drop off of about a metre and a half.

Dave I wanted to use hb yesterday but for somereason I only had this tiny one with me and it didn't dive very far.

Brian Nudgee Creek is close to the airport and right next to shultz cannal. It's good because everyone fishes shultz cannal and now theres no fish in there and they don't know about the creek.

TIMBO wrote:

Brian Nudgee Creek is close to the airport and right next to shultz cannal. It's good because everyone fishes shultz cannal and now theres no fish in there and they don't know about the creek.

LOL. There are still plenty of fish in schulz canal.

Nice catch in the creek.

Timbo....Excellent news re the success of the popper. I've got one almost thge same. I bought after seeing bream, or something bigger taking small mullet and prawns from the surface in the shallows way up Bribie passage. Haven't been back to that spot since.....your story has made me really keen to get back there!

Archived