Sign in to follow this  
Eug

Some recent fish...

Last couple of shots are from NZ, spotted about 5 trout just sitting in eddies. No rod unfortunately

I wondered where you had managed to find water that looks like that - was racking my brain!!!! Great photos, particularly those featuring that goose, could see his features very clearly (unfortunately ...........)

Please login or register to view this image

After Scotland NZ is my favorite and much more affordable.Going there end of next month to score more brownie points so no fishing. :blush:

Cheers

Ray

Did you mean to say your going brown trout fishing in nz ray. Lucky devil.

Great photos Eug.

Dazza needs to harden up.

Did you mean to say your going brown trout fishing in nz ray. Lucky devil.

No brian just collecting brownie points with missus so I can go fishing more often,We have an arrangement she doesnt come fishing with me and I dont go fishing when I am with her.

Cheers

Ray

Ouch!! How did you get the hook out? I hope Dassa got a Tetanus shoot after that.

Oh poor little Dassa getting a little hook in his finger - bl00dy sook!! Our thoughts should really be spared for the poor landing net getting mauled in the 3rd photo - I hope it got a tetanus shot ..............

Please login or register to view this image

Ouch!! How did you get the hook out? I hope Dassa got a Tetanus shoot after that.

He pushed the barb through and cut the eye off. I started recording a video (as mates do) but being on the yaks we needed some hands. I carry a small first aid kit so we did get to disinfect it with alcohol but not sure if he followed it up with a jab. Have just added a scalpel to the kit.

Pushing through a blunt hook was not pleasant to watch. :pinch:

He pushed the barb through and cut the eye off. I started recording a video (as mates do) but being on the yaks we needed some hands. I carry a small first aid kit so we did get to disinfect it with alcohol but not sure if he followed it up with a jab. Have just added a scalpel to the kit.

Pushing through a blunt hook was not pleasant to watch. :pinch:

yeah I am thinking I need to increase the items in my first aid kit

Speaking of which Eug - which campsite did you guys stay at when you went to Sundown (oh and apologise for slight hijack ....)? Any idea what The Broadwater camping area is like? Considering going there for Easter holidays (not over the Easter long weekend though).

All good bud, I like seeing threads evolve - part and parcel of forums. My dirty weekends book says "The Burrows" for the campsite. No mention of Broadwater. Are you going the southern part of Sundown NP?

All good bud, I like seeing threads evolve - part and parcel of forums. My dirty weekends book says "The Burrows" for the campsite. No mention of Broadwater. Are you going the southern part of Sundown NP?

Yeah it is right at the bottom of it. Where did you guys stay/what part? Assume you just did bush camping? Will start another thread once I have researched a bit more. Taking the wife and 2yo.