A few Bass and PB

Surfingant

G'day all,

On Saturday I went out with Den (keen-as-fisho) for a quick bass session somewhere local, it was a very quiet afternoon with Den being the only one to get any hookups. One smoking and a couple of hours later this was all we had to show for the arvo.

post-7024-144599028184_thumb.jpg

That was taken on the Damiki Short Strike spinnerbait in purple shad colour.

On Sunday I went out with my mate Luke to chase a few bass, it was a reasonable day with a few fish turning up, the fishing wasn't red hot but it was enough to keep us interested until the wind took over. On the return trip I got a solid take and after a spirited fight I landed a new PB Golden Perch, oh so close to finally getting to the 50cm mark on that species but it fell 1cm short at 49.

post-7024-144599028193_thumb.jpg

post-7024-1445990282_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144599028206_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144599028214_thumb.jpg

post-7024-14459902822_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144599028593_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144599028601_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144599028608_thumb.jpg

The standout lure on Sunday was definitely my Damiki D Grub/Fish Arrow J Spin beetlespin setup, it accounted for a good number of the fish caught.

Anyway not really much substance to this report but hopefully I'll get out again soon and will be able to put up something decent.

Cheers,

Ant :)

Yeah Wayne the bass were really healthy but a little down on size, they still go well on a light setup though :)

We should get together for a session, I don't think we have yet?

I'll try and get a few more reports up on here as well, it seems as though this place needs a bit of a boost in that department.

Some nice looking fish there Ant and well done on the PB mate. I've recently joined the yak fraternity and have finally acquired the rest of the gear I need (well, for now, I'll no doubt add to it ......) so will also have to catch up for a fish sometime and see how the pro's do it. Have never caught/fished for bass before so will have to rectify that.

After re-reading my own post and seeing the autofill & spell check, it makes little sense. I have got to proof read my posts more often. :blush:

No we haven't been out together yet, we just ran into each other 19 months ago on a little creek. You are the reason I now have 3 Nordic Stages and some rareniums. :ohmy:

Be good to get out together and you can see how I look after some of your pre-loved gear. B)

Ant or Kelvin if your attending the Borumba bash I have a spare spot in my boat. I can't guarantee a bass but we'll have fun trying. Text me if interested 0412 808 823.

Cheers

Wayne

You are the reason I now have 3 Nordic Stages and some rareniums. :ohmy:
Haha, sorry about that, I'll bet it's getting expensive ;)

Be good to get out together and you can see how I look after some of your pre-loved gear. B)

Ant or Kelvin if your attending the Borumba bash I have a spare spot in my boat. I can't guarantee a bass but we'll have fun trying. Text me if interested 0412 808 823.

Cheers

Wayne

I won't be at the Borumba bash but I'm sure we can organise a session sometime soon.

No we haven't been out together yet, we just ran into each other 19 months ago on a little creek. .......

Be good to get out together and you can see how I look after some of your pre-loved gear. ..........

Not sure if its my warped sense of humour or you didn't review that post all that well either ;) Could have some real fun with that........

But I'll just say this......

"If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain. "

what ever floats your boat ;)

After re-reading my own post and seeing the autofill & spell check, it makes little sense. I have got to proof read my posts more often. :blush:

No we haven't been out together yet, we just ran into each other 19 months ago on a little creek. You are the reason I now have 3 Nordic Stages and some rareniums. :ohmy:

Cheers

Wayne

Cheers for the offer Wayne will let you know. If I make it I'll probably be going with my wife & 2yr old so not sure if I'll take the boat or borrow my old fella's canoe. If I take the canoe a session with you in the boat would be great, but I have to work a few things out before then.

Archived