Hard yards worth it

STU

Went to sovereign island with plasticman to chase some jack on saturday went down the coomera river to a few good looking spots we where flicking hard bodies and plastics but got no toothy critters the wind picked up and alot of boat traffic did not make it to easy to fish we only landed 1 bream which was maybe just legal,so we went home by 9.30am.

When I got home needed to get another fix so went with a couple of mates to a spot north side of brissy,Snuck in there cause it is patrolled by security my mate aaron got busted off first couple of casts then he landed a nice bream 36cm fl then Liam came running down he just landed another stonker bream took some pics and then they were released, kept walking and casting we were all using pumkinseed gulp on 1/20 jighead,as I was walking saw some big scales on the ground thought it was a big fish then a bit further there it was a huge dead jack a bit eaton from its guts around 75-80cm.Then all of a sudden we see this ute coming we all dived into the scrub through lantana into long grass the security did not see us, did his rounds and off he went so coast was clear started flicking again looking over my shoulder every second for security.Then it was my turn fought a nice bream of 37 fl and dropped another a bit later just before dark, Liam also landed another great size bream I will have to wait till later to get his pics off his flash camera but I took a couple on mine. [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/005_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598428166_thumb.jpg

there are a lot of brackish lakes with lock access in that area- the general geography is salt plane with an exceptionally high water table- that's why so many people on the goldie have spear pumps. the fish get in when the lake is filled from a canal system as fry, or funnily enough also on wader bird's legs. there are a lot of these around broadbeach waters. bream will acclimatize to fresh water- i'm sure there are many of you who have caught freshwater natives and bream in the same spot.

Archived