Offshore PB Dollies

Another great Day out there Manni. We spent 4 hours chasing the dollies and kings. Hard to leave them when you are getting 2 to 3 fish each a drift. I can not explain the disappointment on catching the shark. A descent fish off the bottom has eluded me of late. It gave a good account for itself and the fight for the first bit was not a typical shark fight.

Great day out and it was good to get out again with you Manni and also great to finally have a fish with you also Henry. Got the boys now for a month so there goes any midweek fish unless they are truants.

Thanks again Ted for getting me out there. It was a great day to be out and was a stark reminder to myself that it has been too long between sessions. Getting a bit seasick after a few hours in the rolling swell had me needing a bit of a lie down for about 40minutes after popping a quells.

Landing that first dollie on topwater was AWEWOME. They look fantastic under water and to catch topwater fish in 50-60m of water is crazy cool. What was also awesome was when the rat kings were hanging around and they were only hitting the pillie cubes getting thrown over. Too lazy to change from a topwater lure I asked Ted to chuck me a pillie cube. I stuck that onto the back treble and lobbed it into the water. Ted's there chuckling away when we both saw the kingies have a look at it then commit and hook up. Does that count as a kingy on topwater? :D

What a way to open your account Henry. clapping

The colour in the water and fish look amazing.

I love reading the reports and seeing people getting on to fish.

Another PB next time Ted should see you crack the meter mark. ;)

Good luck Manni with the move, you're doing well to get a few session in before you head off.

Cheers

Wayne

So good.

So jealous!!!

It does not make me feel better knowing the issue that kept me from going has yet to be resolved.

At least I got some rods shipped :)

Angus

P.S. Thanks again Henry for the fillets. I would actually have to rate dolly as easily in my top 3 eating fish. I have thought this in the past but it has been a long time since testing the theory!

What a way to open your account Henry. clapping

The colour in the water and fish look amazing.

I love reading the reports and seeing people getting on to fish.

Another PB next time Ted should see you crack the meter mark. ;)

Good luck Manni with the move, you're doing well to get a few session in before you head off.

Cheers

Wayne

Cheers mate, will not be back for quite a while so getting in what sessions I can and tick off a few more species, I found out today most likely will not move for 2 more weeks now, although partly frustrating it does mean I can squeeze in some more fishing up here

nice work Ted,and co. you guys did a bit better than us that day, good work. we were wathcing ted from afar and hoping that shark was a massive cobe, but after 10 mins and by the look of the fight we knew it wa s shark, but at least you got a good work out. Dont those dollies look and taste so good!

nice work Ted,and co. you guys did a bit better than us that day, good work. we were wathcing ted from afar and hoping that shark was a massive cobe, but after 10 mins and by the look of the fight we knew it wa s shark, but at least you got a good work out. Dont those dollies look and taste so good!

Yeah I was the same. It was fighting really well and did not seem like a shark. I agree Dollies are the most beautiful fish in the ocean.