Form a group and do it

Step 1
/>http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/incorporating-an-association.htm

Step 2

Need a management plan approved by DAFF

Step 3

Raise money to purchase fingerlings and stock them

Also need Public Liability Insurance.

Note public liability insurance is optional unless you lease or control land, but affiliation with ANSA or QAFCA, gets you insurance included at a cost of $14 a member. Cheap as chips.

The blokes in Fisheries used to help out with putting together Management plans, but I dont know if there is anyone left in that area any more.

Any of the existing stocking groups would let you have copies of their management plans, no worries. You'll get Bass and maybe Mary Cod (not that you can get any cod fingerlings). Good time to setup, stocking season generally kicks in around spring, gives you 6 months to get setup and raise some money.

Fisheries will want you to call a public meeting in the area so all whom might be interested get a chance to participate.

• 4 weeks later...

Reckon it would have to be fresh blood to establish stocking group the existing groups are already committed to looking after their own patch and without any initial funding support from councils or government would not interested in spending time running sausage sizzles outside Bunnings etc.

State govn and SEQ water have both stated that they have no money.

If there were any monies avail for an initial stocking of enoggera may be a different story.

Enoggera would need something in the range of 20,000 bass per year for the first 2 years to get the fishery going.and would probably need a fairly heavy ongoing program if the bass take as I would get a lot of pressure.

To get it on the sips program will take around 4 years.

Cheers

Ray

then add the 3 years plus on to that for them to process the application, thats how long they have been "considering" the application for Baroon, with still no response in sight. Not that it matters, SEQ water have had it closed for nearly 6 months now.......

Highly unlikely to get it through with it being paddle only any way.

I think it would be great if we formed a group through here for this but I have been a bit tardy on sticking my hand up as I have currently made the mistake of putting my hand up for probably more than I can manage (well). I would like to be involved and put the organizational/promotional resources of this site on the table to help.

Angus

358 odd hectares at full supply Ray, 20 000 is 179 per hectare would be good for a first stocking but 5000 a year would be enough.

Bass, Mary's, Toga. Take would be minimal, entrainment would exceed take over time.

The lowest cost start up and ongoing stocking costs of any of the new dams SEQ Water have opened for fishing.

Cart before the horse anyway. Needs a group.

Archived