Product Review: Food Saver Pro

Angus

Guys I wanted to give a quick review on a little toy I recently required.

I have often toyed with the idea of getting a chriovac device in order to save fillets during mack season, tuna season, or for my extended stays at Straddy when we get a lot of fish. I am not a huge fan of freezing fish so thought, quite simply, this would be a better option.

The food saver pro caught my eye because it is simple, small and a the bags are actually reusable (up to 30 uses) and to ease Tanya's one concern that are BPA free (meaning no toxins from the plastic leach into the flesh after extended packaging.

Here are some pictures of my first use on some dart fillets from Straddy...

Fillets.

post-63-144599040658_thumb.jpg

In the bag (just like a glad seal bag with a suction hole).

The air gets sucked out in seconds.

post-63-144599040667_thumb.jpg

And walla, a half kilo and safely stored fish.

post-63-144599040673_thumb.jpg

To further my impressed nature Tanya and I had some dart fillets last night that have been stored for over a week without being frozen and they were perfect. Tasted like they do the day they were caught. I am keen to try this on other fish I like to eat fresh, but do not freeze well like Tailor.

I have since been in contact with the supplier to get some more details to make this review as informative as possible:

1: The portable vacuum sealer retails for $59.95 and comes with a 1 year warranty. The vacuum bags are available in 5 different sizes and start at $12.95 for a 10 pack up to $20.95 for a 10 pack. They are extremely economical as they are re-usable for between 30 to 50 times. The Vacuum containers are available in 6 different sizes and start at $9.95 up to $18.95. On our website, you can choose items individually or take advantage of our "Ultimate Pack" which contains all Food Saver Pro items at a discounted rate of $135 with free shipping. We also offer a 14 day money back guarantee.

2: Our products are not available in retail stores and only sold at: www.foodsaverpro.com.au or via phone on (02) 4357 2861.

3: Reusable vacuum bags and vacuum containers are all food grade, non toxic and eco friendly. The vacuum sealer is also ROHS compliant.

Cheers!

Angus

Does it say how long you can store them in the fridge?

Al (Biggles) has one of the more conventional vac-sealers, at least did a few years ago. Would always harp on about how he can keep his fillets fresh in the fridge for weeks or at least a month...

Does it say how long you can store them in the fridge?

Al (Biggles) has one of the more conventional vac-sealers, at least did a few years ago. Would always harp on about how he can keep his fillets fresh in the fridge for weeks or at least a month...

Mate I asked the question as well and apparently "5 times longer" than that specific food would usually keep.

I would happily keep fillets I did myself for 4-5 days (still taste fresher than some shops haha) so if you pushed that 5 times out that is a fair bit of time.

We tried marinating a steak for a couple of days in one as well. Awesome.

Angus

Archived