Tallebudgera Creek report

Inspiredbyfishing

Tallebudgera creek was a whole heap of fun but the fishing could have been better.

On arrival we set up the tents and then I went straight out on the kayak. I had a squidgy 65 mm wriggler in garry glitter rigged on a squidgy 2 gram jighead and within 2 minutes of trolling I had the first fish of the trip, it turned out to be a bream and it measuerd 25 cm, it was my first bream from the kayak. that was it for the first day.

2nd day i went out on one of dad's friends boat, launched near the campsite where i caught 2 moses perch at the rap and then headed straight to the flat with the island in the middle near the rope swing, i was using a kato aura jr minnow 40 mm with no luck but john (dad's friend) was using bait to catch a whiting a cast. so i was convinced to switch to bait which had me pull in a few whiting. Once the bite stopped we headed further up river trying a few spots like drop offs, weed patches an bridge pylons with no luck until i saw a small rock wall barely 10 metres long that screamed fish. I put in perfect casts and came out with 4 bream and my first luderick. after that we went back to the flats for some more whiting and then back to the ramp. that arvo on the kayak i caught 2 more bream near the swimming enclosure on the berkley gulp 3 inch minnow grub cut down to 2.5 inch on a 2 gram head.

3rd days i went back out on the kayak in the early morning with the gulp 3 inch minnow grub cut down to 2.5 inch on a 2 gram head which i trolled allong the closest drop off, i got 1 small flattie there and then it was back to the swimming enclosure where i got another 2 bream but all of a sudden the bite went off much to my suprise. at that moment i looked down into the water and he was there waiting for me, a shark was looking straight at me so i almost crapped myself which resulted in me leaving it there for the morning.

4th day i went back out out on the boat with john but we had limited success, lots of small whiting and 3 bream on the same flats as day 2. then that arvo my friend will came for the night an he brought his kayak too, we headed straight out to the same flat as the other days but the just couldn't hook up to the whiting, the mozzies and miggies were on the bit for sure though, eaten alive!

5th day we went out in the morning just around the highway bridge to the swimming enclosure with nothing again. late that morning we went for a swim in the swimming enclosure and we looked around the edge furthest from the highway bridge and we found thousands of baitfish, and also hundreds of bream, luderick, jacks and whiting all feeding on the algea growing on the net and the array of baitfish. we tried hand lining them with only bites.

last day I went out in the morning for a quick session with no fish.

All in all a fantastic trip and it was a hell of a workout for the arms.

the big fish didn't play the game but I got a load of small ones which was still alot of fun

Dom

Shark is a shark whether its a foot long or a metre long.

I caught a shark a few weeks back, and i was like AWESOME I CAUGHT A SHARK,

Then i realised that this was my first time catching a shark, and i had to get my hook out of his mouth and let him go.

He was only like 45ish cm but i didn't want to go anywhere near that mouth.

Archived