Bullies still around

Luvit

I wanted to go do a crab and shark session so I hit water last night at around 8.30 pm after all the crowds had left.

Took Bella my dog for company and head down the Pine.

First pull of the pots produced a size male but he wasn't full and he was released. The rest of the night produced under size or females crabs only.

Spent a bit of time blind casting with the bait cast net and end up with some nice mullet for more crab bait.

I rigged up light rod and heavier and cut one of the fresh mullet in half and sent them out. It didn't take long and I had 3 bites within 2 hrs and one producing this little fella.

post-11868-144599044243_thumb.jpg

So that was it. I had my bag and had a quick snooze before returning home.

The fish has been cleaned and put on ice, I'm about to go and fillet it up for some more yummy flake.

Yes Wayne,

1 per person up to 1.5 m. No minimum size. Just got back from the Pine took the kids and wife out we lost 1 at the boat when the wire trace broke. Just one of the pre made ones.

Quite easy to catch. I just use a running sinker rig and a 30 cm wire trace joined to a 70cm of 60 lb leader. I usually throw a cast net around to gather fresh mullet or I use frozen mullet if I can't net any. Cut them in half and the bigger baits seem to minimise the cat fish bye catch a bit.

If need any more info send me a PM

Archived