NPD 4/5/14

FisherT

Arrived at the boat ramp at 5:45 , after meeting Andrew (Binder) we were on the water at 10 past 6. Lost a few lures on the troll down due to snags and getting bricked by some monster bass . We anchored up a few hours later to eat and Andrew came along and gave us some god sent shrimp (thanks again mate) went sent them to the abyss and within 5 minutes we had a solid 40cm bass on the boat . With using some tips given to us by Andrew , we ended up with around 16 good sized bass . The wind was harsh at times but the fish certainly made it bearable. Thanks again for the tips mate !

post-9043-144599046715_thumb.jpg

post-9043-144599046679_thumb.jpg

post-9043-144599046691_thumb.jpg

post-9043-1445990467_thumb.jpg

post-9043-144599046706_thumb.jpg

2 days ago, you put up a post asking what the opening time was and you received 2 replies advising 6am.

I also said that you should not go past the gates before 6 am.

Yet this morning you were at the ramp at 5:45 am!!

The BAS permit rules specify that you are not to go past the gate before to 6 AM.

Kindly do not do so in the future.

The opening and closing times are part of the PRFMA's agreement with SEQ water and breaking them risks having the scheme closed down.

BAS Coordinator

PRFMA

Good to see you got on to them, I played it safe and got out of the wind, only got 1 more bass. (And a couple of forkies)

Nice to know that spot has some bass, as mentioned I had not fished it yet this season, might not have even fished it last season! But I will give it a shot next trip ;)

Luc, the boys were at the gate until 6, I actually opened it for them and let them in at 6, so they could get straight to the ramp.

Considering what SEQ water have done to the skiers at Kerwongbah, I dont hold much hope for the access scheme to continue, I suspect SEQ water will boot the PRFMA as well, past relationships and good stewardship dont seem to count.

So I am enjoying it while it lasts.!

Archived