brisbane river fishing

AussieMinnow

Hi guy's anyone else fish the good old brisbane river?

Have been fishing a spot at hawthorne right near where the river cat stops and been having some great fun catching bream biggest so far 35+ also been getting small jewfish and got smoked by god knows what using 6lb mono as mainline and was using 8lb trace .bait used was prawns.

Probably hit the spot again sometime next week but will up the trace to 12lb .

gear i use is a small silstar talon with 6lb mono on a 6'6 jarvis walker 2-4kg rod will probably take my shimano alivio 4000 spooled with 12lb mono on a shimano viper 3-7kg rod also

Good to hear you have been having some success.

There are some big fish in the Brisbane river. ( not that I've caught them) but many do. I'd be inclined to run a heavier leader of min 20 lb.

Keep the reports coming. ;)

fished the same spot today at hawthorne does not fish very well during the day as it does at night got a few small bream but nothing near the size i have caught there during the night . If anyone does go to fish there i have found that the out going tide at night seems to be the best time to do so .

thanks Luvit might just do that get some 20lb keep in my tackle bag don't usually fish heavy but just in case . Have some platypus super 100 in 6LB on it's way to re-spool my silstar talon since only got very cheap line on that at the moment which has been on there for quite some time . has anyone used the platypus super 100 ? also got some 8lb line coming called

Ikuza Endure SW Line 30X abrasion resistant fishing line. Double Structure Extrusion.

EndureSW is a premium copolymer saltwater fishing line featuring Ultra high abrasion resistance with extraordinary knot strnghth and smooth handling characteristics. Endure SW secret lies in its proprietary double structure extruding process, where the core of the line remains soft and supple, yet the outer layer features an ultra-tough silicone formula. Ital for use with all styles of fishing reels.

Mate do a forum search. You might enjoy it :)

River fishes very well with frequent captures of fish including common captures snapper, threadfin salmon, jew, cod, bream, flatties etc and rare captures of species such as jacks existing.

This website started pretty much with a focus on the river.

Forum search option might surprise you!

Also fished the teneriffe reach today and my mate Ian got 5 bream in a short space of time.

Angus

Thanks Angus i shall do that .

I mainly just fish the brisbane river cause it is just so easy to get to and there are a heap of spot's to choose from.

I do go other places some being shorncliffe , manly and a few other spots but only when i am going for a full day session or a long night time session like i had a few weeks ago went to cabbage tree creek at 2pm and got home at 2 in the morning the following day

I just about fish the inner city reaches of the river every week when I can't get the boat out. Rarely do not catch something half decent. Got a decent 60cm thready last week in the middle of the city.

Are you using live prawns or deadbait? Grab yourself a cast net and get some livies if you arent already, and you will increase your chances, but in saying that i've got jewies and threadies using cooked coles prawns.

at the moment i just use the frozen stuff you get from the servo do pretty well using it to and when not using that i use chicken breast seems to do the trick also i either use it straight out of the pack or i soak it in a prawn scent that i picked up from bigw

Archived