Saratoga he is still shaking

Dinodadog

Arrived at the gate at NPD and shortly after Andrew then James arrived`. As I had had a couple of very good days downstream I decided to let the others have thier turn and Luke and myself headed upstream to do some exploring.

After a couple of hours of trolling and casting the tally was still nill. I was starting to kick myself for not going where I knew the fish were. Lucky things took a turn for the better, we passed over a 18ft hole trolling flikashads and I said to Luke there is one fish down there at 10ft lets see if one of us can get on the board. With in a few metres luke was on and heading skyward was this beautiful saratoga trying to shake the hooks, this is about the time that Luke got a case of the ducks and drakes (shakes) and I bet he is still shaking :woohoo: :woohoo: I told him to take his time, keep in contact with the fish and dont pull to hard in case he pulls the hooks, he handled it like a pro and 76cm of saratoga came aboard for a couple of quick pics and then back in the water with no mud dirt or leaves stuck to it.

I had to pull my finger out then as I was still on a donut so within minutes I picked up a bass on a flikashad and one on a shrimp. I got the most fish but I think we might let Luke be the winner.

Dino

post-1453-144599050281_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144599050293_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144599050303_thumb.jpg

post-1453-144599050313_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, definitely one of my very best captures for sure. A new PB for Toga, and I'm happy to finally see one from North Pine Dam! I can't say it was anything other than pure luck, as I only avoided a donut by 76cm (;)). But I guess you're always a chance, when you're on the water with a lure in the water :)

Archived