Boaring ...

ellicat

...but not boring. This is a big fella.

/>http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-03/sach-big-feral-pig-0306/5496794

post-564-144599052303_thumb.jpg

Huge feral pest pig was found on an outback property 175 kilometres north of Broken Hill in far west New South Wales. (Image: Paul Manion)

Audio: Go to link

A whopping-big feral pig has been nabbed not far from a homestead in far west New South Wales.

The enormous boar was found foraging in thick bushland, on a large outback property, 175 kilometres north of Broken Hill.

Grazier Paul Mannion from Nundora Station says he is glad he did not come across it alone.

"I'm no hero when it comes to them," he said.

"It would raise a sweat to my face if I found myself eyeballing it."

But thanks to some hunting help, the giant pest was soon tracked down.

"We had pig hunters come up from Melbourne and they came across him in very thick scrub, seven kilometres from the family home," Mr Mannion said.

"This pig's probably about 120 to 130 kilograms and maybe seven or eight years old.

"Usually they lose their tusks by the time they get that big."

Mr Mannion says it is not the first time he has seen wild boars snouting about on his property.

"We get hunters up about once a month as feral pigs are a big problem," he said.

"These blokes play a big part in keeping numbers down.

"They [feral pigs] have a big impact on lambing in particular, because they just take the little lambs.

"When it's really dry, they'll kill full-grown sheep."

Mr Mannion says he would not be surprised if there is a bigger pest lurking somewhere at the station.

"It's surprising how the pigs are getting bigger and bigger," he said.

"They get shot, but they keep coming, they must be coming from somewhere."

Archived