Back Pack Review: Condor Urban Go Pack

Angus

OK well this is a review of a different nature for this website and I hope one that will appeal to all the foot sloggers out there who do mind covering some KM's to find sweet fish.

post-63-144599055938_thumb.jpg

On my recent trip to Townsville, needless to say a lot of fun was had and appreciation for gear had.

It was actually Tanya (my wife) that got me thinking outside the box when I got home when she asked "what single piece of fishing gear made the trip more enjoyable". I had a long hard ponder at this and decided it was an element of my kit not often discussed hear. We all know that line, lures, reel and rods and a foregone conclusion to our sessions. But is that any gear that fulfills a very important part of our fishing experience in effect "fishing gear". With this in mind I decided to write a review of a new back pack I got recently... The "Condor Urban Go Pack".

post-63-144599055923_thumb.jpg

I stumbled across this pack on a website advertised on Facebook: http://www.extac.com.au/

Being in the market for a new pack I thought I would give it a go.

To be 100% honest it is the best pack I have never owned and did go a long way to making my Townsville trip, if not more successful, far more comfortable. The pack itself has fantastic adjustable straps across the chest and shoulders allowing for better weight distribution. This combined with the hip straps it is unfathomable how much weight feels removed altogether. The hip straps carry so much of the weight so well it feels like kilos have been dropped. For a pack that incorporates Camel Pack technology this is just awesome.

Comfort aside capacity is always important. This pack has a varied range of packets and sections all with applicable uses. Obviously not designed specifically as a "fishing pack" each section did a remarable job of making itself relevant ad useful and I did end up with a seperate compartment for:

Leader and tools.

Hard body trays.

Plastics.

Spare cloths.

Last but not least there is smaller high poach which ends up square between the shoulder blades. As we were doing so much wading this became the idea location for wallets, phones etc as despite the bottom of the pack becoming wet on occasion this remained well elevated and dry.

post-63-144599055947_thumb.jpg

Other factory specs include:

- Padded laptop sleeve, with zipper closure, and will fit up to 15.4" laptop.

- Main compartment with document sleeve, and mesh pocket.

- Quick - access gadget pocket.

- Top front compartment with organizer panel.

- Bottom front compartment with mesh pockets for other

utilities/peripherals.

- Two side pockets, for power supply, nalgene bottles...etc

- Import

> Heavy weight webbing for modular attachments.

> Padded backing w/ Mesh Re-Enforcement for airflow.

> Detachable padded waist belt.

> Sternum strap.

> Side compression straps.

> Grommets on all compartments.

NTOA Approved

Measurements:

18" H x 12" W x 7" D (main compartment)

8" H x 8" W x 2.5" D (top front compartment)

6" H x 12" W x 2.5" D (bottom front compartment)

11.5" H x 5" W x 1.5" D (side compartment)

Overall I could not recommend it more for anyone wanting to cover some serious ground and not pack that light.

The only down side for me was coming home as being in Townsville I was on a flight full of AJ's. The collection terminal was a veritable mess of similar packs on arrival!

I look forward to trying more of Extacs stufff... I just to work out a reasonable excuse for a combat tomahawk...

Good fishing!

Angus

Mmmm. Thanks for costing me an hour and a half. Great Man-Toy website. B)

Yeah mate for sure.

That is what originally got me there heaps of really cool stuff to browse.

Will be trying a few more things for sure.

I actually really like the look of the satchels etc for rock fishing and other fishing your a bit restricted to volume.

Angus

Archived