Winter Camp 2014

sweresy

Yep great time.

Saw 46 of these in the boat, got a few this size. Biggest we saw.

post-11051-14459906144_thumb.jpg

A couple of these necessary to be in the running for bragging rights and a few goodies ;)

post-11051-144599061431_thumb.jpg

Which, as usual ended in one of these :blink: Ray kicking my @rse yet again!

post-11051-144599061446_thumb.jpg

Got two tagged fish, think I know why there are no big fish caught in there, one tagged originally in 2009 at 23cm, was only 33cm five years later!

Angus had a really good night, or so I presume, a very upset young Brendan kicked him out of his tent and poured ice water all over him at 7am this morning in revenge for certain dastardly activities the night before that he believed Angus to be the ring leader of...... :evil:

Just as well Angus is very mild mannered :) Not to many people with a hang over would have just stood there and taken there medicine in good humour like Angus did!

and yeap.. another great winter camp.

Not a fishing trip for me but a social and I played the game of skipper for some mates of mine who enjoy fishing but suck at it :D A few mishaps (locked up steering on the motor, lost the prop to the leccy on Sunday morning in the last half hour, finding out my boat takes on water when there are 2 guys sitting on the back deck, bilge playing up... the list goes on) but all in all a great weekend away. My liver doesn't like me so much but my soul feels fed :)

Great to catch everyone there and thanks again for organising Angus.

good trip, lots of laughs on friday night meeting the usual suspects around the campfire, i lost the energy to continue half way on saturday night so closed off with a bottle of amarula and a few shots of doobsys schnapps :P

also got into the fish and was well happy with the game plan that ant and i came up with. I have made an effort the last two winter camp to focus on lures and it is paying off with lots learned on every outing and this time was no exception. Hitting winter camp on lures is cheaper than using shrimp at the current prices lol. :ohmy:

a few pics

post-2016-144599061573_thumb.jpg

ants perfectly shaped bass that loved the crackjack

post-2016-144599061581_thumb.jpg

my best on the greedy guts in funa colour.

post-2016-144599061587_thumb.jpg

love the scenery of maroon

post-2016-144599061593_thumb.jpg

As always a fantastic event.

On countback I think this may have been my 7th wintercamp.

i do not have the stamina to participate in the evening events but thoroughly enjoy myself never the less.

post-230-144599061601_thumb.jpg

Enjoyed watching mother looking after her brood.

Really looking forward to the Bluefin comp to be held at the same venue on the 13 th to 16th November. This will coincide with the G20 public holiday weekend. $30 for seniors and $15 for juniors and with a BMT package for the lucky door prize well worth

the entry fee.
/>http://www.nordicstage.com/au/news/ Details with link here.

Anyone wishing some shrimp for the event give me a pm and i will give you a phone number.

Cheers

Ray

spewin i missed it looked like an awesome weekend once again. check out the knees on that scottie!!! will most definatley be there for the bass comp later in year and looking forward to catching up with some old faces . cheers ezy

Archived