2014 Winter Camp: Wrap Up

Angus

What an awesome year! From "not being sure if we would host one this year", to my personal favorite event yet!

post-63-144599061831_thumb.jpg

There was a really healthy mix of new faces and old which greatly added to the dynamic of the event. These sort of socially aimed get togethers always help secure members as long term allowing bring user names face to face with each other in a fun environment. Winter Camp has always led the way in this regard for whatever reason and this year was no exception.

post-63-144599061842_thumb.jpg

My personal Winter Camp was spent enjoying the company, soaking some shrimp and having some good laughs. Those that chose to soak shrimp with me enjoyed great results and our boat alone tallied over 40 fish. For the tenacious lure users fish were still evident and those dedicated few all enjoyed good captures as well.

post-63-144599061851_thumb.jpg

On the competitive front it was great to see two new faces walk away with 1st and 2nd, and an absolute stalwart veteran stick it out for 3rd. With places going to anglers able to measure in the largest overall length of combined species, capturing multiple species became a must, and with everyone landing relatively similar size bass, the length of the Tandun kicker became crucial...

The place holder were:

1st: Matt Ascough

2nd: Ian Goebel

3rd: Ray Kennedy

Lucky Door Prize: Andrew MacCormack

post-63-144599061858_thumb.jpg

Winter Camp is never about winning sheep stations but token prizes are always appreciated by winner and our sponsors must be thanked.

post-63-144599061865_thumb.jpg

Fish Head

Searing Tackle (Damiki, Pontoon 21, Fish Arrow)

Reel Tackle

All these sponsors donated some awesome prizes and we really appreciate your time, and unanimous attendance at the event.

post-63-144599061872_thumb.jpg

A final massive thaks must go to Mick who worked this event. With Steve injured Mick ran the thick of things, cooking, preparing boats and so on. No task is to small for Mick and none is met with anything but a smile and it a pleasure to run this camp with him.

post-63-14459906188_thumb.jpg

Overall it was a top event and heres to next year!

Angus

Definitely another amazing Winter Camp and I think the best one that I have been to yet.

The antics around the fire on both night was awesome and the fishing was quite good as well although much tougher than other years.

Thanks to Angus and Lake Campfire for putting on another amazing weekend away and everyone who came up for the weekend to make it such a great event.

I am looking forward to next year already.

Sounds like it.

But its not hard to end up a number out of sequence on your tagging, ( writing the number down against the wrong measurement), one of the reasons every fish I tag - I take 1 photograph on the mat, no others. So the fish are in order and I can double check the lengths before lodging the data!.

I took my data directly from the pictures (high res pic of the tag and fish on the mat. So my guess is the tagger has accidentally used the wrong tag for the corresponding card

Mine shrunk 75mm, how close was it to mine in date and number? I wonder if it was from the same session

post-11051-144599064001_thumb.jpg

was it tagged really far back like mine?

post-11051-144599064014_thumb.jpg

post-11051-144599064004_thumb.jpg

Archived