Slipping Sands Hut Social Report

tugger

Last weekend saw plenty of us head down to the Hut next to slipping sands near the Pin the Hut next door also had a big crew and by Saturday we had the beach full with our boats near the beach.

post-4390-144599066158_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144599066166_thumb.jpg

Friday started off getting over there from Rudy Mars and 20 minutes later we had unloaded our gear and I set the beach retrieval anchor system which gets my boat out to deep water and back again when I need to get onboard

post-4390-144599066173_thumb.jpg

This all being done I started the fire which did not go out all weekend we did have lots of wood and it was the place to kick back with a beer when not busy fishing etc.

post-4390-144599066178_thumb.jpg

The boats kept arriving through the day and we had a good crew to tell tall fishing tales with and have plenty of laughs all night long. Saturday morning came around all to quick when a few keen fishos got up early and headed out through the pin but by the time the rest of us had breaky they were back as the weather was not kind offshore.

The boys did all kinds of fishing chasing flathead, jewies, tailor and I chased some bream off the beach on Saturday then by early arvo we ramped up the fire to get plenty of good coals for cooking. The camp ovens were readied as well as the pot belly stove in the Hut which we filled with roast chicken, pork, vegies, garlic bread etc.

post-4390-144599066183_thumb.jpg

With the main dinner out of the way I cooked my world famous butterscotch pudding and Colin produced a big pavlova topped with fresh starberries, kiwifruit and cream this filled every one to the brim. There was just enough room to down a few more drinks and get around the fire again for the nights activities

post-4390-144599066188_thumb.jpg

It is a top part of the world down there and would suggest to anyone thinking of joining Ezy at the Hut jump at it when he offers. You can do some serious fishing or just kick back on the beach for the weekend it is in easy reach for any size boat as that part of the bay has plenty of protection from islands all close by.

post-4390-144599066193_thumb.jpg

Looks like a top weekend. Why I havnt got over to the hut yet im still asking myself and its reports like these that make me even more angry that i .havnt got over yet.

any memorable fish get caught?

No fish only drinking! I did venture out the Pinbar Saturday, but it was way to rough to fish, surfing the big rollers back in was fun though, never been on the back of a white pointer with my boat before.

Also it was such a sight seeing the beach full of yamahardness! Out of 20 odd boats, most had yammies on!

Looks like a top weekend. Why I havnt got over to the hut yet im still asking myself and its reports like these that make me even more angry that i .havnt got over yet.

any memorable fish get caught?

No fish only drinking! I did venture out the Pinbar Saturday, but it was way to rough to fish, surfing the big rollers back in was fun though, never been on the back of a white pointer with my boat before.

Also it was such a sight seeing the beach full of yamahardness! Out of 20 odd boats, most had yammies on!

Hey, speak for yourself!!! I went fishing (after 'patiently' waiting from 5am to 6:20am to be able to bring my tinny in on Rob's anchor system without scratching your fibreglass ......) AND managed three tailor on a popper. Was great fun for about 10 mintues and then I lost the buggers - think it was the other boats steaming on through the channel (amazingly I swear some of them must have seen the tailor smashing the surface but didn't stop).

Also scored a 25-30cm mullet in the cast net so went out and drifted along the entrance to Swan Bay with the outgoing tide. Had two 6/0 circle hooks in it and had an enquiry on the second drift - fed some line out but nothing so brought it in and has plenty of scales missing and one or two piercings right next to the tail hook. Grrrr!!!! Still kicking so went and started the drift again and about the same spot it took off but popped me as I was trying to take the rod out of the corner rod holder - note to self: less drag next time on a 15lb mono set up!!!

Oh and the fish-catching boat was powered by a Johnno ........... :P

Great spot, great company and great times. Can't wait til the next one.

For ellicat:

Remember Luvit's post from when he lost a rod over the side and no video... Below is the only pic we have of me holding onto my boat while I get taxied back to shore after getting dragged overboard from setting up my anchor.

[attachment=73630]DSC_0115.jpg[/attachment]

I have a few more photos of you in the water and on the boat Julian . man you must have been in pain

For ellicat:

Remember Luvit's post from when he lost a rod over the side and no video... Below is the only pic we have of me holding onto my boat while I get taxied back to shore after getting dragged overboard from setting up my anchor.

[attachment=73630]DSC_0115.jpg[/attachment]

I have a few more photos of you in the water and on the boat Julian . man you must have been in pain

Nothing some VBs couldn't fix... :-)

Hey - I still got your camping chair at my place. I'll pop over soonish to drop it off.

From 1 awesome social to another we go it has been an top year for it with wavebreak island camps, a couple of trips to the hut, somerset dam weekend and the week at stradie.

Now 1770 looms oohh yeah out to the reef we go I hope we can get on to 1 of the mooring bouys again for our overnighters out there in the lagoon that was tops last time even catching a few coral trout over night on the mooring.

Bring on some good weather and the red emperor but I need to get some more coral trout to bring back for the missus she still says it was the best eating fish I will see what she says about red emperor :woohoo:

Bit cold for a swim I kept the fire raging so you could warm up Julian I see it took a few VBs till you got some colour back

What would I do without you Tugger!!! haha PS Bring on 1770!!!!! Not long now!!!!!

Archived