Help fishing port of Brisbane and mud island please

arand18

I can teach you how to catch nothing

It's hard work and extremely time consuming. Should be plenty of information through the forum and on various websites although it's pretty generic.

Gather live bait at the poo shoot for any sort of good results bait fishing. Flicking lures and plastics along the wharf's and drop offs will result in Jew, Snapper & Threddies

Never bothered with Mud Island as it's a long way to go to catch undersized squire and cat fish and ginners........... Millions of ginners

As STKE said, cast net for some fresh bait (mostly herrings but you also get garfish, prawns and mullet sometimes) at the poo schute (at mouth of river opposite the wharves). Fishing the wharves can/will pick you up squire and bream plus be in with a chance of jewfish, threadies and flathead. Squire are there all year round - I find they come on the bite on the start of the outgoing tide. Haven't fished/taken notes on all parts of the tide though so there could be other more productive times. Good fish also get pulled from the shallower waters of the reclaimed land rockwall also.

Good luck - I'll be doing a couple of night sessions there over the school holidays. Fingers crossed they are biting.

Archived