cameron rocks 15.10.07

roobs

yesterday afternoon took my 7\"penn powerstick and a little shimanoo 2000 spinning reel and chucked a couple of dead prawns , unweighted, on a size one long shank for an hour or so. was rewarded with three bream, two below 10cm that reaffirmed my faith in my ability to hook fish and a bigger 30cm model. caught on 10lb fireline with 12lb mono leader. these are the first fish i've caught there and i'm happy to say that i'm starting to learn when to fish it and also how.

Mihatov01 wrote:

a few years ago used to get grunter off the rocks there however recently i have only managed a few undersize squire and bream. i have found tweed bait from the BP across the road to be useless and believe the use of fresher bait would reap better results. Good luck

Your not wrong mate. Gresh bait from a cast net always far outfishes that tweed bait.

And cams rocks has been producing good fish over the last year, cod, bream, squire, flatties. Keep up the good work!

Angus

from brekky creek- go across the bridge like you are headed to the airport. it's the small park across the road from the bp right after you go across the bridge- it's got great rock formations and some stairs that lead down to a nice beach and rock platform. there are boat moorings a little further down, into the stretch that leads into breakfast creek.

Yep. I think I've been there before:D. When we went to the spot I'm thinking of, a creepy old man came up and started talking crap. Talking about John Howard not liking something, selling razors, owning a massive pharmacy and then asking my brother if he had started to shave yet:S

Thanks for the clarification

he's not as random as you'd think- when i was there two men came over in the space of about half an hour. both elderly and creepy- one asked me where i went to school. being of quite youthful appearance i wasn't too offended even though i am 25! but he definitely reeked of kiddie-botherer. i'm not one to cast (hey- get the pun!) aspersions but he was pretty creepy.

there are a few guys on the site who are quite young and it's hard to tell how old people are from the forum so there's probably more people than you think who may be at risk. it's definitely a concern, but at the same time i stick my head in everyone's bucket when i see them fishing. hard to know for sure but i sure got a weird vibe.

• 12 years later...