Finally..... A big school of beaut bass!

Joe K

Dino said to "get out there and get amongst them" so after 4 trips, a lot of walking and lots of casting I finally hit the jackpot. 1st cast of the day and the blade is smashed on the drop and within seconds I'm bricked. 2nd cast the blade is hit on the 2nd drop, a smaller fish, it puts up a good struggle and is 46cm. 3rd cast I feel a bump on the drop, I hop the blade and it is hit a split second later. It is a heavy fish and 2 metres away in a foot of water it goes ballistic throwing the hook gifting me 2 scales. 4th cast the blade is hit after a few hops and after another struggle a 44cm bass is posing for the camera. 5th cast is hit on the 2nd drop and this baby is heavy. My drag is tightened right up and it desperately battles the 12lb rod in shallow water. The 47cm bass is beached and its a beautiful fat girl. After a few pics I put the camera away to concentrate on fishing. The bass were all around me and almost every cast was a hit for the next hour until the school moved on. A great rewarding session!

post-10975-144599082344_thumb.jpg

post-10975-144599082351_thumb.jpg

post-10975-144599082356_thumb.jpg

post-10975-144599082362_thumb.jpg

Yes Dino, after losing a few kilos, many lures and hundreds of casts it was a great feeling to have a big bass struggling at the end of my line. Thanks again Dino! I could see big boney bream in the mouths of many of the bass so they are obviously following these bait schools.

Most enjoyable session Ellicat with the blade being hit within 3-10 seconds of hitting the water. The hot bite lasted for >1 hour. You know it is a quality bass when it feels like a snag but the fish is pulling line from a tight drag. Yes, guys from this forum are fortunate to get good advise from the more experienced fishos like Dino.

I am the Sig! After so many years that statement still makes me smile. What you have stated is so true about Dino and also Ray. We on the Forum are fortunate these two generous guys willingly impart and share some of their freshwater fishing knowledge. What I have learnt from Dino's posts has saved me many months of trial and error and countless lures.

Well, it time to go for another long walk casting lures and hopefully post some pics. Happy fishing!

Archived