Heading to Hervey Bay

Northside Chic

Hi everyone

I'm heading to Hervey Bay on Saturday just for an overnight trip and wondered if anyone could give me any pointers on some decent land based fishing spots and also some good spots to put the kayak in. I'm only new to kayaking so I don't want to head out too far but thought I might check out Eli Creek etc. Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

I can remember mad mullet getting a ridiculous cod/groper thingy off Urangan pier a couple years back.....I've never done any good off it but lived up there for a while and used to see monster flatties midway up but couldn't tempt them with bait or lures and didn't have a castnet in those days...... Prob didn't even occur to me to use live bait. It all came frozen from the servo :blush:

lived in toogoom for a few years and used to fish theodolite creek at woodgate, shallow sand flats with deep gutters and holes used to get BIG whiting in there otherwise around the pylons at the urangan jetty are worth a try with trevs and macks around them good luck ezy

Archived