redland bay 15/10

namyau

late report of fishing trip there last monday night

met up with jeryl and headed over to redland bay, headed straight to the passenger ferry terminal, but there were still people waiting for ferries and there was no where to park... we then headed over to the boat ramp (where the police boats are parked) tried there for about 2hrs...

i was the first to land a fish - was a samll moses perch about 20cm - that was followed by a few small bream all under 15cm... jeryl only managed to land 1 small bream - we decided to head back over to the passenger terminal...

now im not exactly sure if we allowed to fish there but yeah we did (nobody said anything, no signs and we also cleaned up after ourselves)

once again i was the first to land a fish - was a small bream at 22.5cm nailed the prawn on the drop, after that we both landed a few smaller bream.. shortly after that jeryl landed a decent flatty but shook him off, few mins later he landed a nice bream 27cm fl nailed the 3inch gulp minnow (actually swollowed the whole lure)

then the fishing started to die down had a prawn sitting in for about 20mins and nothing - went to wind it in then bam something big had nailed my prawn and was peeling heaps of line off after few mins i managed to get the fish in and was a massive bream 33cm fl..... after that went pretty quite..

eneded up landing about a dozen more small bream and one more flatty that was 28cm ish, decided to call it quits due the wind becoming to strong - all fish were put back except for the 27cm and 33cm bream

and yes boon you should have trecked it over as well - wouild have done better then the cattie you got hehhehh :laugh:

Archived